Jump to content
SHELL28

Sharing my at home gym I just finished 👍🏼

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my finished at home gym! 
all second hand gear that I’ve picked up in different places. 
now, just to use this space 👊🏼
anyone else wanna share their home gyms? Or fave place to train 🙏🏼

9981B65A-EEFE-43E8-B055-BCCCDD7ADFF7.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Gamma 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey that's really awesome, I am going to take inspiration from your setup. I have a nice open space that I'm working on as well but I just need the equipment. I will post a picture of my open space and maybe you can give me some tips or suggestions.

20190720_165617.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EderLA said:

Hey that's really awesome, I am going to take inspiration from your setup. I have a nice open space that I'm working on as well but I just need the equipment. I will post a picture of my open space and maybe you can give me some tips or suggestions.

20190720_165617.jpg

Thanks 🙂 I'm pretty proud!! 

Wow that's a great space you have there! There is definitely room for a heavy bag! but what is really cool is that you have a wood ceiling, you could totally put up a chin up/Pull up/hang bar!!  

Id make one side Muay Thai and one side fitness too, but that's just me being ODC hahaha

Cant wait to see the finished gym. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So jealous. 

Gonna do the same once the cash situation lets me get ground floor apartment with a back yard.

Real quick - is it true that the mats are the expensive part of doing it? Like cost more than the bags and Mr Bob dummy etc..?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Oliver said:

So jealous. 

Gonna do the same once the cash situation lets me get ground floor apartment with a back yard.

Real quick - is it true that the mats are the expensive part of doing it? Like cost more than the bags and Mr Bob dummy etc..?

I got a few second hand ones and some online for 20bucks a sq metre, my heavy bag was more expensive. An old carpet will do the trick too if you’re on a budget 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soooo, in looking for heavy bags there are so many choices,,, 6ft, 4ft, leather, non leather, anchored, or not.. teardrop , then there is the filling,,,, any advice would be helpful,,, thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, Richard said:

Soooo, in looking for heavy bags there are so many choices,,, 6ft, 4ft, leather, non leather, anchored, or not.. teardrop , then there is the filling,,,, any advice would be helpful,,, thanks

Hey there 🙂 definitely go for a 6ft because you can use it for low leg chops as well as everything else. I really like my teardrop too but that’s more for uppercuts and knees .

filling- I bought mine already filled but I’ve seen people put in old clothes and rags as long as all buttons and zips have been removed 👍🏼 
 

14 hours ago, Richard said:

Soooo, in looking for heavy bags there are so many choices,,, 6ft, 4ft, leather, non leather, anchored, or not.. teardrop , then there is the filling,,,, any advice would be helpful,,, thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Hey, thanks for your input, any thoughts about leather or non-leather for home use?

I have non leather but I live in a humid climate so organic materials seem to get mould of them Pretty quick here.  But I’m unsure if leather is better In bags.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Richard said:

Hey, thanks for your input, any thoughts about leather or non-leather for home use?

Richard, you're in my hometown! I was going to suggest that if you get a standing bag, one that has a base, that you can fill it with water because then you can empty it and move it more easily than if it's sand. But because of all the snow and change in temperatures that Boulder experiences, the water might be a risky move. A hanging bag is preferable for all kinds of reasons, but obviously depends on budget and if you have somewhere to hang it from.

Leather cracks if you don't fill the bag properly at the beginning. Any slack, "bagginess" between the filling and the leather, if you hit it for a few weeks it will crack and break open. So make sure you really pack it and keep adding to it over the first couple weeks to make sure it's full, even as the filling starts to settle. 

I'm looking at everyone's gyms and am jealous of these mats. Kevin and I are working on tile and it's very slippery when we start to drip from sweat and I think I hurt my foot by stomping around like a maniac on such a hard surface... I thought I was tougher, I guess.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Sylvie, there are soooo many choices out there, and I only know the bags we use at my gym,, but never paid any attention to the DETAILS.. I saw somewhere that you were from Colorado, wondered how you got from here to THERE? I stumbled on Muay Thai by accident taking my grandson to his session, at an Easton BJJ / May Thai gym in Denver,, thought for sure I couldn't do BJJ at my age,, but the MT looked like something I could get into,, and fell in love with it.. sorry I didn't discover it a LONG time ago.. anyway, I'm trying to get a place at home to work out until they get an answer for the virus... thanks for your videos and blog.. what a great source of info and inspiration for me...r

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sylvie von Duuglas-Ittu said:

Richard, you're in my hometown! I was going to suggest that if you get a standing bag, one that has a base, that you can fill it with water because then you can empty it and move it more easily than if it's sand. But because of all the snow and change in temperatures that Boulder experiences, the water might be a risky move. A hanging bag is preferable for all kinds of reasons, but obviously depends on budget and if you have somewhere to hang it from.

Leather cracks if you don't fill the bag properly at the beginning. Any slack, "bagginess" between the filling and the leather, if you hit it for a few weeks it will crack and break open. So make sure you really pack it and keep adding to it over the first couple weeks to make sure it's full, even as the filling starts to settle. 

I'm looking at everyone's gyms and am jealous of these mats. Kevin and I are working on tile and it's very slippery when we start to drip from sweat and I think I hurt my foot by stomping around like a maniac on such a hard surface... I thought I was tougher, I guess.

That sucks about your foot, I remember I hurt my foot too from training Karate on wooden floor boards. If you can’t get mats at the moment, old carpet can take some of the impact too or a yoga mat but that’s a bit limiting. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, SHELL28 said:

That sucks about your foot, I remember I hurt my foot too from training Karate on wooden floor boards. If you can’t get mats at the moment, old carpet can take some of the impact too or a yoga mat but that’s a bit limiting. 
 

Speaking of MATS,,, any ideas about thickness for a home gym?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there, love the gyms shown here. Great thread idea! 👍🏻

just wanted to share our little living room gym. When the lockdown got real, I spent a little cash so Ina and I could continue training. I feel very lucky and thankful to have her by my side and to have the opportunity for a home gym like this. 🙏🏻🥊

 This jump rope is not used indoors btw., but in our driveway. It’s brutal and rips your arms out after 30 seconds. 😅

A47AD6B5-868D-4A8E-9724-BC1408392657.jpeg

D8022F4D-F6E8-4B90-A808-7AA1EC740CBE.jpeg

7A0E7241-096E-4358-A74D-FBAD0D6C04FA.jpeg

9F36873A-0DC9-4676-BCDC-DE394121E7A8.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, der Toni said:

Hey there, love the gyms shown here. Great thread idea! 👍🏻

just wanted to share our little living room gym. When the lockdown got real, I spent a little cash so Ina and I could continue training. I feel very lucky and thankful to have her by my side and to have the opportunity for a home gym like this. 🙏🏻🥊

 This jump rope is not used indoors btw., but in our driveway. It’s brutal and rips your arms out after 30 seconds. 😅

A47AD6B5-868D-4A8E-9724-BC1408392657.jpeg

D8022F4D-F6E8-4B90-A808-7AA1EC740CBE.jpeg

7A0E7241-096E-4358-A74D-FBAD0D6C04FA.jpeg

9F36873A-0DC9-4676-BCDC-DE394121E7A8.jpeg

Nice!!!!!!! 
esp love how the mats match the bag. 

You got some nice gear there! I really dig the twin gloves.

That jump rope is beast mode hahah 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SHELL28 said:

Nice!!!!!!! 
esp love how the mats match the bag. 

You got some nice gear there! I really dig the twin gloves.

That jump rope is beast mode hahah 

Thank you! Yeah with the gloves I kinda ignored Sylvie‘s advice she gave in her equipment rundown, about how the design on these fancy ones fades away with time because it’s only a skin over leather. But they just looked too cool.

Edited by der Toni
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is Paradise Gym, (named after my snake business, Paradise Pythons). I have a 6 foot heavy bag, jump rope, Thai pads, focus pads and gloves. I'm planning on adding a uppercut bag to the set up. The out side area (my back yard) has my new boxing ring, I'm building the floor this weekend. Also I have a chicken coop with 3 chickens for added authenticity.

20200412_100830.thumb.jpg.1edfcf84bbb3f9d88b99a4b548b841ed.jpg638959471_Screenshot_20200429-213021_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.39103435d18b1a88a961f9d329231f09.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mick Moody said:

This is Paradise Gym, (named after my snake business, Paradise Pythons). I have a 6 foot heavy bag, jump rope, Thai pads, focus pads and gloves. I'm planning on adding a uppercut bag to the set up. The out side area (my back yard) has my new boxing ring, I'm building the floor this weekend. Also I have a chicken coop with 3 chickens for added authenticity.

638959471_Screenshot_20200429-213021_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.39103435d18b1a88a961f9d329231f09.jpg

 

You got your own ring? Ha, do you just spar in it? Better watch you don't get in trouble with your local authorities like my mate did. 

I'd met this guy 6 years before I moved to Australia and kept in touch with him, had him on facebook when that got popular. I'd always assumed he owned a Muay Thai Gym in Perth as he was always promoting events at his 'gym' on his facebook page. But when I moved to Perth I found out he'd just been running a fight club in his back yard! Once it was brought to attention of his local council they sent him an angry letter saying the police had been contacted, so he shut it down quick! I took a picture of the letter, I'll see if I can blank out the names and addresses and post it here.

  • Like 1
  • hahaha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Most Recent Topics

  • Latest Comments

    • February 1st will present the first all-female card at Lumpinee Stadium, it's GoSport (the promotion that introduced women to the ring there) and doesn't indicate whether all these fights are 5 rounds or if some are 3 rounds. It appears to all be Thai women and the Main Event is Sanaejan (the first female fight for the Lumpinee banner was Sanaejan vs Buakaw, but wasn't IN the stadium due to Covid restrictions, so this will be her first time actually in the Lumpinee ring) vs Somrasmee, who was "Rising Star of the Year" in Thailand's Northern region last year or the year before.
    • All I know is according to some studies, the ketogenic diet can help women lose weight while also improving blood sugar management. Additionally, when administered as a supplemental therapy in women with specific types of malignancies, it may be advantageous. So a good keto diet should consist of roughly 75% fat, 10%-30% protein, and no more than 5% or 20-50 grammes of carbohydrates per day. High-fat, low-carb foods such as eggs, meats, dairy, and low-carb vegetables, as well as sugar-free drinks, should be prioritized. Keep overly processed foods and harmful fats to a minimum.
    • Thakoon Pongsupha, the head of Sasiprapa Gym in Bangkok, is launching yet another TV channel for "Entertainment Muay Thai." In the announcement it reads that fighters who "entertain" in their fights, both foreign and Thai, will have continued working relationships with the promotion. The details have yet to be announced but Thakoon is partnering with his son, Arm (both pictured in the article). I don't know Arm's previous experience with anything to do with either Muay Thai or TV, but assume he grew up at the camp, which is outside Thakoon's home. And as for Thakoon, he has decades experience of running a successful fighter's gym and has worked with foreign fighters almost all that time. He has previously worked with promotions, notably other "entertainment" category promotions like MX Muay Thai, which has disappeared but was one of the earlier attempts at Muay Thai 3 rounds, wearing MMA gloves and focusing on "action." 
  • The Latest From Open Topics Forum

    • February 1st will present the first all-female card at Lumpinee Stadium, it's GoSport (the promotion that introduced women to the ring there) and doesn't indicate whether all these fights are 5 rounds or if some are 3 rounds. It appears to all be Thai women and the Main Event is Sanaejan (the first female fight for the Lumpinee banner was Sanaejan vs Buakaw, but wasn't IN the stadium due to Covid restrictions, so this will be her first time actually in the Lumpinee ring) vs Somrasmee, who was "Rising Star of the Year" in Thailand's Northern region last year or the year before.
    • Thakoon Pongsupha, the head of Sasiprapa Gym in Bangkok, is launching yet another TV channel for "Entertainment Muay Thai." In the announcement it reads that fighters who "entertain" in their fights, both foreign and Thai, will have continued working relationships with the promotion. The details have yet to be announced but Thakoon is partnering with his son, Arm (both pictured in the article). I don't know Arm's previous experience with anything to do with either Muay Thai or TV, but assume he grew up at the camp, which is outside Thakoon's home. And as for Thakoon, he has decades experience of running a successful fighter's gym and has worked with foreign fighters almost all that time. He has previously worked with promotions, notably other "entertainment" category promotions like MX Muay Thai, which has disappeared but was one of the earlier attempts at Muay Thai 3 rounds, wearing MMA gloves and focusing on "action." 
    • Sure!! Please send me the Link To Your Website. I'll take a deep look on the pieces!! I've also using Title's and ES Boxing Gloves. The quality of those products are just fine. But now I'll make sure to try out your Product and give a positive feedback.
    • I don't really think I'd want anything scented in my gloves to be honest. But the packaging looks nice. I wish you the best of luck with your launch.
    • Hi,  My name is Jasper and I live in Brooklyn, New York. I am currently in the middle of making a boxing glove deodorizer and I'd love everyone's opinion on this forum. Just have a couple of questions and pictures. - Among Fresh Linen, Mint, and Lemon which would you prefer the most? I have some final product pictures if you don't mind taking a look. You can check out the final product picture on my business instagram or this imgur link.  https://www.instagram.com/iozakcombat/ https://imgur.com/a/EdMUyV7 Let me know what you guys think!  I will be launching in February so If anyone is interested I am offering discounts just follow my instagram and DM me.  Thank you!    
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      1.1k
    • Total Posts
      10.3k
×
×
  • Create New...