Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Made a post about kem Muay Thai gym but thought I’d do another for this. I like the look of kem gym but would rather one thats a bit closer to stuff so can easily walk to shops or wherever if needed. Any recommendations ?

was looking at sasiprapa also anyone been there ? And how far is yodwicha from the bkk airport 

also anyone been to sitmonchai recently ?

Edited by Caden
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, dtrick924 said:

Thank you. Don’t mind if it’s far tbh aslong has stuff near it like shops and stuff 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My old gym Numponthep (where Satanmuenglek was for a long while) changed location during COVID. Not sure about the current training set up but they are operational in Bearing, BKK. When I was there it was heavily focused on clinching. Recent training between Silatong (great fighter) and Yuto (up and coming talented Japanese fighter) here https://fb.watch/dE4hOLft4u/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joseph Arthur De Gonzo said:

Attachai gym in Bangkok seems like the closest thing to a nice setting close to everything since it's in BK. 

Sadly Attachai is no longer in BKK. According to @emma's facebook post they are setting up a new gym in Ayutthaya https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=611345137083522&set=a.289400305944675

Their facebook page is still up. Last post was in March so not sure how active it is. https://www.facebook.com/ATTACHAIMUAYTHAIGYM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 1:16 AM, dtrick924 said:

Sadly Attachai is no longer in BKK. According to @emma's facebook post they are setting up a new gym in Ayutthaya https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=611345137083522&set=a.289400305944675

Their facebook page is still up. Last post was in March so not sure how active it is. https://www.facebook.com/ATTACHAIMUAYTHAIGYM

Yes, sadly the Bangkok location is closed now. 

On 6/14/2022 at 4:41 PM, LengLeng said:

My old gym Numponthep (where Satanmuenglek was for a long while) changed location during COVID. Not sure about the current training set up but they are operational in Bearing, BKK. When I was there it was heavily focused on clinching. Recent training between Silatong (great fighter) and Yuto (up and coming talented Japanese fighter) here https://fb.watch/dE4hOLft4u/

This place (now called Looknongsaeng - but I don't know the specifics of the name change, @LengLeng?) looks like a decent gym and I've been thinking about checking it out myself. Here's the website: https://looknongsaeng.weebly.com/

And the gym's IG profile: https://www.instagram.com/looknongsaengmuaythai/

It's in Bearing, which is technically in Samut Prakarn but it's very easy to get in and out of the city via BTS (you just have to take a quick motorbike taxi to the station). I lived in this area for almost 5 years and would say that if you want to be able to focus on training while still having access to the city, it might be good. But if you want to be right in the middle of things, maybe not ideal. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I talked to one of the Western guys there, they are operational and happy to help students find cheap accommodation in the area. The politics involved in the name change I got no clue. I plan to check it out end of August. Eager to hear of any updates from you @emmaif you happen to visit. Arjarn Num, Arjarn Permsak or Arjan Tid no longer there but Kru Silathong seems to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 12:21 AM, mamarika said:

Thank you. Don’t mind if it’s far tbh aslong has stuff near it like shops and stuff 

 

I went today. From Bearing BTS it's about 5 min motorbike ride. The two names are because it's a collaboration. Absolutely great training with people working there speaking English as well. 300 for one session and you get 3 pad rounds, clinch and sparring. Lovely atmosphere: 10/10 recommend. Just write to them on instagram through the link Emma posted. Shops and food close by. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...