Sign in to follow this  
TZ22

Issue with adjusting to training in hot temperatures

I am not sure if anyone here had this experience, but this time around I am really struggling to adjust to training in Thailand's hot temperatures, I've trained in Thailand before and usually felt ok after about 2-3 days, but this time around I can't seem to get used to the heat, I drink water with electrolyte powder in it and I thought it would be helping, but I still feel like I get too tired quickly on the pads and sweat like crazy just after about 5 minutes on the skipping rope, so not really sure what I could be doing wrong this time that is preventing me from adapting to the heat, it's been 2 weeks now...

Usually around after April or even during their monsoon season, it gets really hot. It did take me a while to adjust to training. It depends on your electrolyte/water intake and most importantly if you're getting enough rest or nutrition. 

Are you training at least twice a day? If so, I had to give myself a week to adjust and once I started training twice a day, 6 times a week. I seriously had to take naps in between, eat a shit ton of food or else I'd be exhausted from the heat. Take care!