Really nicely done. But is it just me and my personal response to the edits that being summarily called "the perfect specimen of beauty and brawn" is a little jarring and that a male fighter would never be called this? "John Wayne Parr, the perfect specimen of good looks and toughness". Big fan of Caley Reece, and no doubt being beautiful favorably serves female Muay Thai in some ways. But what was special about her wasn't that she was/is beautiful, in my mind. It's that she fought in a Thai style which is becoming less uncommon in the west, fought injured, fought with incredible drive in her career, fought as a clinch fighter. I guess this is just the state of things. When beauty is present in almost any category of achievement for women, it's going to push itself forward into our awareness whether it be politics, academics, business or athletics. And Caley is such an interesting case in this, as she did everything while being iconically beautiful.

• Like 4

Really nicely done. But is it just me and my personal response to the edits that being summarily called "the perfect specimen of beauty and brawn" is a little jarring and that a male fighter would never be called this? 

A perfect example of the male gaze that most women have to deal with on a daily a basis. Men are usually judged by their accomplishments and not their appearance.

• Like 3

Cool video, definitely gives honour to her incredible muay thai career.

Missmuaythai, you are so lucky to have her as a friend!

But is it just me and my personal response to the edits that being summarily called "the perfect specimen of beauty and brawn" is a little jarring and that a male fighter would never be called this? 

This doesn't quite sit well with me either...she IS gorgeous, but more then her beauty I see her strenght and incredible incredible will-power. Will-power as in she will make the things she want to achieve into reality. This is what strikes me when I see her videos or hear interviews. I'm simply stunned by her perfection in every aspect!

• Like 2

I understand what everyone is saying, but to be perfectly honest, if you knew her well (the man who made the comment is also her husband) you would understand how true the statement is.

We live in an imperfect world. And men are hyped up by looks as well, just maybe not within Muay Thai. Unfortunately for women, sometimes looks do further your career no matter what. I am just grateful that most people see past her beauty and see her hard work, dedication and drive.

• Like 1

I hope my comment didn't come across as detracting from Caley's accomplishments. That was definitely not my intention. It's a hard line to walk. We all want to be judged on our own merits but we also have to work within the system. I definitely don't like that women "have to be pretty" or "have to be sexy" to get ahead but I also don't want to slut shame anyone for their personal choices.

Very cool video, a little confusing - the title and word tribute made me think she had passed away, but she hasn't right? Anyway, hearing her talk about her work ethic was inspiring.

Nice video!!

Very cool video, a little confusing - the title and word tribute made me think she had passed away, but she hasn't right?

She's not passed away but she recently retired from fighting