TRTdoc

Gym recommendation technique and teaching

Hi everyone 

Not posted here before but had a read and there are some great topics. 

I just wanted to post looking for gym recommendations that concentrate more on teaching and development. I've been training martial arts at a good level for over 10 years and been training in Amsterdam several times which has been a good experience.

I was looking at going to Thailand either later this year or next year to train for a month. I was wondering if anyone has experience with any gyms that concentrate more on technique or teaching in general? I pretty much want to train as much as I can and get as good as possible and keen to privates too. Not too bothered on where I end up but was thinking Bangkok as there are just more gyms there.

The only thing that made me apprehensive is that I've known lots of people go to Thailand for quite long periods and not really come back any better. 

Thanks

I'd consider going to Thailand Pinsinchai's gym in Chiang Mai, and taking privates from him as well. He's very technical, an excellent instructor, and the gym itself is a living family run gym with Thai fighters. The gym's FB page is here: https://web.facebook.com/Sit-Thailand-Muay-Thai-Gym-106840670828643

You can see two privates with him in the Muay Thai Library, just to get the sense of his teaching style. It strikes me as the perfect balance between authentic gym and lots of technical instruction (if you take privates from him).

Hi Kevin, thanks for the recommendation, I did a bit of looking into it and he seems like a really good teacher! 

Can't argue with a recommendation so I'll give it a go later in this year 👍 

• Nak Muay 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Recent Topics

• Latest Comments

• More Resources and Video Discussion on Ruup   Here is Sylvie's video discussion of what Ruup is, and how to train it in a Technique Vlog (you can get the full length technique vlog as a patron: Training Ruup :     Here is a video compilation of the discussion of the Thai principle of Ruup:  
    • I love dutch kickboxing and muay thai. I think these days a lot techniques are mixed together. Both have unique techniques which are useful. Maybe kickboxing cant be called muay thai cuz it doesnt have the elbows/knees and clinch. But I'd say if you enjoy training at your gym then keep training and watch a lot of thai vids too to keep your clinch skills high. Also lots of elbow and knee sparring. 
    • I went today. From Bearing BTS it's about 5 min motorbike ride. The two names are because it's a collaboration. Absolutely great training with people working there speaking English as well. 300 for one session and you get 3 pad rounds, clinch and sparring. Lovely atmosphere: 10/10 recommend. Just write to them on instagram through the link Emma posted. Shops and food close by. 
  • The Latest From Open Topics Forum

• Thank you 🙂 I asked my coach too ( Ganyao Arunleung) and in his golden age fashion said it doesn't matter, it's the heart that matters 😄😂💖 I told him Muay Thai is the love of my life (just don't tell my husband 😉😄). I think I'll put the amulet on the rim right before the tail comes together. Or I'll wear it with a necklace and find another for the Mongkol.  It will all come together as meant to be at the right time 🤞🏻
    • I train at Pacific Ring Sports on Telegraph and 40th. What about you?
    • Amulets can go anywhere on the rim of the Mongkol, the only place I don't see them is on the tail. The hair can be put inside fabric and tied on to the Mongkol, or put in a fabric that gets integrated into the wrapping.  My mom's skirt was cut into long strips and twosted very tightly, then wrapped around the tube that's the shape of the Mongkol and glued into place.
    • This is so cool.  Where do you train? I leave on the Bay Area.  
    • Hello,  I made my own Mongkol as the gym I train at doesn't have a gym Mongkol to dress fighters with. I also bought an amulet that, long story short, feels like it was meant to be, but its bigger than I expected and covers my whole forehead ( not so much vanity concern, but more size ratio awkwardness) if placed in the front center of the Mongkol.   Is it allowed to place the amulet at the back or side of the Mongkol? Also I have some of my sons hair to put on my Mongkol,  but don't know where it's supposed to be placed as well if anyone knows.  Lastly, I saw Silvies YouTube on how she had her mom's skirt made into her monkol and it had a little axe amulet. I have a fabric I wore back when traveling, and now as a mom and muay thai fighter, I want to make it into a Mongkol for my son (whether he continues with the sport again the future or not, at least he would have a monkol made from his mom's fabric). Is there any way to see a tutorial on how they actually made the fabric Mongkol (it looked twisted in a certain way but I don't know how).  I have an arrow amulet I want to add on either my or my son's Mongkols, but again the sizing of it in comparison to the actual Mongkol seem uneven.  Anyways , any answers would be greatly appreciated.  
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts