Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu

A Totally New Forum Redesign - Help Us Out with Feedback

As everyone returning to the forum will see we've done a complete redesign of the forum (as well as of 8limbs.us). 8limbs.us has become 8limbsus.com (which will give it more reach out there in the netherworld. And the changes made to the forum are of super-high quality. The forum is now equipped with the latest software, and is very supportive of conversation and community. That being said it's sure to have a few bugs as we go forward in the next month, so please do post any anomalies, confusions or deadends that you run into, just so we can make it better for others. I'll post a list of upgraded features, but one of the better ones is that if you go to your profile you can add your Facebook account which will allow Facebook Login, just signing in with click. That's pretty good, I'm already using it. 

I have to say that this complete level-up could only be accomplished through the support of our patrons. If you are not yet a patron and appreciate this space and community you can easily become one here: Patreon - Sylvie. Even a $1 a month helps with the new costs of the forum, and gives you access to some incredible exclusive content the likes of which you cannot find anywhere else!  

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Recent Topics

• Latest Comments

• Hey! I posted about getting some help on what gym to visit!  First I was set on Sitjaopho but I missed a more structured training routine (Running, more pads etc) So it ended up to be either Manop or Singpatong. I picked Manop cause they seem to be very technical and puts alot of emphasis on very small details to get your technique perfect!  I messaged them on FB about prices and got a link to their website, where it said 10000 Baht / Month so 30000 Baht for my 3-month stay, which is more than alright for me. I phoned them today asking about accomodations and he said they had but I really could not understand the cost for it, so if anyone knows what accommodations go for at Manop that would be amazing! (For 3 months) and also if the price is only for the room or for room+training   Thanks in advance!
    • Hey mate sorry for bumping old thread, im thinking bout going to Manop for 3 months in nov-dec-jan. Everything you described in your posts are what i'm looking for, but there was some things bothering me.   1) From what I read you barely got to spar? Sparring is a huge deal and important for me.. Why didn't you get to spar in the beginning? 2) You seem to spent ALOT of time hitting the bag, why didnt you get more pad-time in the beginning of your training? I really don't know your level and it was hard to tell from the fight 3) (Probably most important) How are they on instructions? Do they correct your technique? how much do they emphesise on that? Do they teach you proper form, sweeps, techniques, tricks, etc? cause from your posts it seemed like you were on your own pretty much the entire stay     Cheers!
    • Adding in another connection between Greek Antiquity and the combat of Siam. Both were slave cultures, and the aim of warfare often consisted of the taking of slaves. This made the regard of an enemy quite different from that of the West where the aim was, often, the capture of (scarce) land with less regard for the enemy.  The knockout, in some sense, may reflect this underlogic of Western land grab warfare, where the killing of the enemy may be a primary goal, whereas capture and control may be aims of slave warfare cultures because the captured enemy became your wealth. More on this as it relates to Thailand:    
  • The Latest From Open Topics Forum

• Hey mate sorry for bumping old thread, im thinking bout going to Manop for 3 months in nov-dec-jan. Everything you described in your posts are what i'm looking for, but there was some things bothering me.   1) From what I read you barely got to spar? Sparring is a huge deal and important for me.. Why didn't you get to spar in the beginning? 2) You seem to spent ALOT of time hitting the bag, why didnt you get more pad-time in the beginning of your training? I really don't know your level and it was hard to tell from the fight 3) (Probably most important) How are they on instructions? Do they correct your technique? how much do they emphesise on that? Do they teach you proper form, sweeps, techniques, tricks, etc? cause from your posts it seemed like you were on your own pretty much the entire stay     Cheers!
    • I'll recommend Elite Sports, Yokkao and Fairtex.
    • If you're having problems seeing then it's time to get a Dr somehow and I'm glad you did. So now, unfortunately all you can do is wait. I have been in similar situations and understand how frustrating it is. Good luck.
    • Yes sur if you have a doctor. After I called the hospital (far from my place and no car) they told me to come. A friend of mine gently offer me to drive me there a day or two after this post. After an eye checking a young doctor/student told me that it's a vitreous detachment. I asked about boxe and he told me that I have to wait sometimes and after the vitreous will be totally detached I can practice normally but it's not clear when it will happen. He told me to go back to the hospital after two weeks if I still have this little black dot in my eye and this kind of "lighting bolt" when I move quick my eyes from left to right during night. I didn't yet but soon. He also told me to don't do too much sport (that was very vague) drink a lot of water and don't take hit on the face because in the process of the detachment it can still tear the retina. I hope it will be fixed soon.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts