Shin guards for taller, slimmer woman?

I’m female, about 5’8” and about 135 lbs. My legs are definitely on the slim side. I’ve had a pair of Fairtex shinguards for the last 18 months that are biting the dust. They have been fine but I’m wondering if there is a taller, slimmer brand that would work better? Top King maybe? I don’t want to order and return a bunch if I can avoid it. 

• Nak Muay 1

Sylvie says that she has skinning legs and she uses Fairtex and likes them. The model she has (I think, FAIRTEX - Pro Style Double Padded Shin Guards (SP3)) does not have a stop (additional reinforcement) on the strap that you pull through, so you can make them snug. Not sure about the issue of height.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 11:04 AM, Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu said:

Sylvie says that she has skinning legs and she uses Fairtex and likes them. The model she has (I think, FAIRTEX - Pro Style Double Padded Shin Guards (SP3)) does not have a stop (additional reinforcement) on the strap that you pull through, so you can make them snug. Not sure about the issue of height.

Thank you! I’ve tried on the Fairtex  SP3 and my last ones were the SP5. I like the fit and quality of both of them but they were both shorter than I would have preferred. I ended up getting a pair of Top Kings that are a good inch and a half taller than my Fairtex. They are built and fit very differently than the Fairtex so I’m still getting used to them. Time will tell if they work well or not. It’s so interesting how you wouldn’t think the different products would be so different, but they for sure are. 

On 12/3/2019 at 1:17 PM, Oliver said:

https://www.muaythaifactory.com/muay-thai-equipment.asp?ProductID=TKSGSS-02-SVWH

Same, for similar reason. Goes higher up closer to the knee, especially the XL ones 🙂 

Also wrap around nicer along the groove of you calf muscle so it doesn't spin around in training.

Thank you! These are the ones I ended up getting. The mediums work pretty well. They are a bit shorter than the larger sizes but I needed the smaller size so they don’t slide or shift. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu said:

Which ones does Kero uses?     IF she uses...

• 10 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, CSIBMOD said:

I’m female, about 5’8” and about 135 lbs. My legs are definitely on the slim side. I’ve had a pair of Fairtex shinguards for the last 18 months that are biting the dust. They have been fine but I’m wondering if there is a taller, slimmer brand that would work better? Top King maybe? I don’t want to order and return a bunch if I can avoid it. 

Gday, I’m 5’7 I wear Medium Twins 👍🏼🙏🏼 They have lasted forever 

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, StefanZ said:

Which ones does Kero uses?     IF she uses...

When I was in Thailand I was using the Woody brand in size medium. I don't like it when shinguards go over my toes or over my knees so I choose a smaller fit on purpose. In France I don't use any.

• Like 2

There is a new brand where I saw that has different variations of shinguards for both women and men. To be honest, I haven't order any equipment there but I do have some gear..rash guards and spats and I think they are quite good in quality. Anyway, I will leave a link https://www.xmartial.com/collections/sparring-gear 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...