Rural 'Golden Era' gym interest

I know i'm probably going to get told that I need to go to a more popular area/gym to get a fight & best trainers however I thought i'd see if anyone has done this before,

As the title says I have a interest in training at a gym with less foreigners and that is a bit more rugged, specifically anything around to the north as I would like to explore that area.

I've seen online theres alot of gyms in the north these gyms seem to only have younger fighters up to the age is 16ish.

Has anyone trained at any of these gyms with active fighters over the age of 20 to match a foreigners size etc?

I'm ideally looking for that 'spit and saw dust' oldschool vibe & I know times change and things improve so its harder to find these gyms with the 'golden era' vibe.

I've linked a video to the vibe I am going for below.

I'd ideally like to have at least one fight in my time that I am out there as well if that info helps at all. (3 months).

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 12:14 PM, dazak said:

That was such a good read, Thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for reading. I never did close the loop on that thread and still owe the forum some closure on my experience there. I'm going to do that soon and start a new thread for my next training adventure, but in California this time. 

Edited by Amateur_Hour
  • Gamma 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2024 at 11:41 PM, Amateur_Hour said:

Thanks for reading. I never did close the loop on that thread and still owe the forum some closure on my experience there. I'm going to do that soon and start a new thread for my next training adventure, but in California this time. 

Sounds great!

We recently spent some time filming in Ubon (not Udon) at a legit kaimuay: #149 Provincial Kaimuay Knowledge | Santi Ubon Muay Thai (85 min)

it would just be great to have insight into your arc of personal experiences at another kaimuay.

• Like 1