how do you guys overcome tennis elbow?

I have been training allot both boxing and thaiboxing almost everyday about 1.5-3.5 hours a day and of course having a resting day.
But even having/bought item that reduce/preventing huge strain on my elbow I'm starting slowly get tennis elbow and it starting to hurt.

So how do you guys prevent that beside stretching?.
Sins people have been training like hell and mostly dont have any strain problem on tendon like ankle or knee?.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Yau Hoang said:

I have been training allot both boxing and thaiboxing almost everyday about 1.5-3.5 hours a day and of course having a resting day.
But even having/bought item that reduce/preventing huge strain on my elbow I'm starting slowly get tennis elbow and it starting to hurt.

So how do you guys prevent that beside stretching?.
Sins people have been training like hell and mostly dont have any strain problem on tendon like ankle or knee?.

I would have someone check your form on the inflamed side (boxing hook & MT hook can be different, plus have someone check the height of your elbow/angle of it on that punch).  I’ve had assorted injuries that have been corrected through better technique. Others, such as a year or so of inflamed wrist tendons, simply improved as my bones & muscle hardened & tempered around them.  But maybe you are past that.  Ice!  Copper bracelets!  Voodoo!  I hate injuries.  Good luck .

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

Sometimes it can just be repetitive stress on muscles and tendons unused to the strain. The thing that worked for me better than anything else was massage. I had tennis elbow and couldnt hold pads it was so bad. Had a small tear that had healed but left acar tissue. I had to massage and break up the scar tissue to get blood flow into the area to heal. It was almost like magic after about 6 months of no relief even with braces on. Deep tissue and circular motions to really break it up. Otherwise what Kevin said. Check how you do things to see if there are possible corrections to be made there.  

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a clinician who specializes in upper quadrant orthopedic rehab, I've found that one of the best tools for tennis elbow is the Flexbar by a company called Theraband.  Here is a link that shows its creator demonstrating the use of the tool:

In addition to having your coach re-evaluate your technique (as was suggested by above posters) I would question what brand and what ounce gloves you use to train. 

As a bit of a gear-slut.  I've bought all kinds of gloves over the years and I think that the quality and type of gear you use absolutely has an impact on your joints and muscles.  I've had issues of my own with cheaper (i.e., Everlast) and harder, "puncher" style gloves like Cleto Reyes (not cheap, and I'm sad I can't use them bc they are gorgeous gloves). 

In contrast, I've found that Twins (and the oft celebrated Winnings) are very forgiving and help with people who do a lot of volume training and/or are prone to impact related strain and pain.  

Hope that helps.  You might also want to see a physical or occupational therapist and make sure it's actually tennis elbow as it could be something else.  

• Like 3

• 2 months later...