Untraceable world champions

This is kind of an odd question, I know! In a recent conversation, the topic came up that there were a number of Spanish fighters (Eva Naranjo and Jose Luis Gonzalez) that have won a Muay Thai world championship, but I can't find any official records. A couple of boxing videos of one of them, and local news sites talking about them. Is there just not enough public information available to find out about them? One of the local news even talks about a past Olympic gold medal in Muay Thai...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

https://www.awakeningfighters.com/athletes/eva-naranjo/

^A fairly good profile on Eva, although it doesnt record her winning the WPMF 115 world title. I couldn't find anything on Jose. Muay Thai isnt in the Olympics but it is in the World Combat Games which may have been what the news report was talking about. Spain did get a gold medal there. I remember there used to be a good Spanish fighter from 7muaythai Gym.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Most Recent Topics

• Latest Comments

• Hi guys planning on training in CM next summer, any gym recommendations and tips would be appreciated.
    • Hello  This year I had the chance to train two month in Thaïland. At the end of my stay I had 5 days in Bangkok so I visited the Pk Saenchai gym where I saw Yodkhounpon and did a private lesson with him. I really really enjoyed the session with him and I would love to come back and train more with him but he only at Pk gym one day per week so I wonder if he work for another gym where I can train more with him. Any Ideas ?
    • Hello I did one month at Hong Thong gym. If you want to work a lot on your technics the best could be tto take some private lessons with Joe because during the basic session you will not have a lot of corrections (but you will have some). Some time they have a lot of people so they don't have the time to focus on one specific person.  You can fight there and it generally happen at the Loh Kroï stadium surronded by hostesses bars.  If you don't know about it becarefull when you will move to Chiang Mai, there is a big the smog around march april and may. Moutain people do buring farming and it impact a lot the quality of the air.  The only bad thing I can say about Hong Thong gym when I was there is that the mat were you train is not wash enough often so after two minutes of traning your feet will be black. If you come without your fighting equipment avoid to borrow those they have in the gym. I get a staphilococcus because of that  (it's a "Newbe" mistake). You have one fairtex shop in Chiang Mai were you can buy everything you could need. Sometime Manasak and some of his student come to train at Hong Thong, He have a Gym in Chiang Mai too and one good women fighter in his team her name is Lisa Brierley. Enjoy your trip
  • The Latest From Open Topics Forum

• Hi all, I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be traveling to Thailand soon for just over a month of traveling and training. I am a complete beginner and do not own any training gear. One of the first stops on my trip will be to explore Bangkok and purchase equipment. What should be on my list? Clearly, gloves, wraps, shorts and mouthguard are required. I would be grateful for some more insight e.g. should I buy bag gloves and sparring gloves, whether shin pads are worthwhile for a beginner, etc. I'm partiularly conscious of the heat and humidity, it would make sense to pack two pairs of running shoes, two sets of gloves, several handwraps and lots of shorts. Any nuggets of wisdom are most welcome. Thanks in advance for your contributions!   
    • Have you looked at venum elite 
    • 3½ years late of a reply haha. I'm in Phuket and have went to quite a few physios. The best so far is Meaw at OptimiseFit at the Blue Tree in north Phuket. She doesn't dry needle me as another Dr. has here but all my muscle tension came back soon so it's a waste of money.
    • Don't know if this brand offers shin guards but might as well check them out. I bought a few pairs of shorts from them a while ago and was genuinely impressed. https://siamkickfight.com/
    • Hi all, I have paid a deposit to a gym in Pai near Chiang Mai to train at in January. I am now concerned about the pollution levels at that time of year because of the burning season. Can you recommend a location that is likely to have safer air quality for training in January? I would like to avoid Bangkok and Phuket, if possible. Thank you!
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts