Nina Nutting

Gym in NYC - 5 Points or The Wat?

Hi Everyone,

I am going to NYC next week for 5 days with work. I am based in Manhattan. Want to train as I know I'll be up at 5 am everyday with shocking jet lag...

Have looked at 5 Points ( also emailed and they seem super friendly) and The Wat... anyone train at either or have an experience?

Thanks

Nina

cool well those 2 are near each other, I looked at Kings but is too far from my hotel and office.

Day rates are eye wateringly expensive... like $35 I guess that's normal for NYC, in London you pay £10/12 for a session with unlimited use of gym for drop in and the Kru is the UK No.1, he's even beat Petchboonchu..

• Like 1

I've been to 5 points, nice gym and friendly atmosphere, also like the fact that they have kettle bell classes so I would recommend that one, though the Wat also has a famous trainer, Ajarn Phil Nurse, but I have never been to that gym.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Recent Topics

• Latest Comments

• Hey.  So I’m gonna do a Kyukoshin tournament.  If anyone doesn’t know the ruleset it’s no punches, elbows to the head and no clinching.  Points are only awarded for dropping someone or causing a visible reaction so Ning is going to be key.  I’m wondering if anyone here has done one?  It’s my first actual full contact fight, all the kicks knees (head and body) and punches and elbows to the body are full force.   They have a very unique style of throwing punches and there’s a lot of crowding so my plan is to take angles as much as possible and keep tagging the legs and body with kicks and throw a few headkicks if they’re there.  I’m southpaw too.  I want to move into Muay Thai but this seemed like a good a time as any to get some experience trading full power strikes with slightly less risk of getting slept.  Plus my coach encouraged me to do it so he thinks I’m ready for it.     Thanks for reading! 
    • @Kero Tide's fight  Judy Humber vs. Kèro Tide - (2022.09.21) via ReactQ on r/WMMA https://www.reddit.com/r/WMMA/comments/xnfkcq/muay_thai_judy_humber_vs_kèro_tide_20220921/  
    • One of the simplest ways to increase the pace of your kicks is to use ankle weights. They also increase the potency of your kicks. The benefits of using ankle weights during Muay Thai training are minimal. You just do any kicking drill you choose while wearing the weights around your legs. Your kicking strength and quickness can be increased even by shadowboxing with ankle weights. Your legs get heavier as a result of the ankle weight, so you must use more force to move at your usual speed. When you remove the ankle weights after being accustomed to throwing kicks while carrying that extra weight, your kicks will go much more quickly.
  • The Latest From Open Topics Forum

• @Kero Tide's fight  Judy Humber vs. Kèro Tide - (2022.09.21) via ReactQ on r/WMMA https://www.reddit.com/r/WMMA/comments/xnfkcq/muay_thai_judy_humber_vs_kèro_tide_20220921/  
    • Chalamdam (red) took a decision win and title belt against Pitakpetch (blue) today at Channel 7. Here are the highlights.  Pitakpetch's gym owner said after the fight the he will follow suit with several other gyms who have withdrawn their fighters from Giatpetch promotions due to bad judging. Comments on all the various shares seem to agree with the sentiment that this promoter is unfair.  What do you see? https://fb.watch/fD2_PfhFDE/
    • And re the blessing of the mongkol...  In lack of true thai monks, you can try to get a blessing from someoene else creditable. Some person you held in great estime, whom is also a person with a feeling for spirituality.  Your grandma or grandda if they are still alive, otherwise your momma or dad... Or someone else whom you have connection with and do trust.   ps.  You did made your mongkol yourself.  But the same advice for all whom did buy their mongkol in a common shop.   Such is my belief.
    • Thank you 🙂 I asked my coach too ( Ganyao Arunleung) and in his golden age fashion said it doesn't matter, it's the heart that matters 😄😂💖 I told him Muay Thai is the love of my life (just don't tell my husband 😉😄). I think I'll put the amulet on the rim right before the tail comes together. Or I'll wear it with a necklace and find another for the Mongkol.  It will all come together as meant to be at the right time 🤞🏻
    • I train at Pacific Ring Sports on Telegraph and 40th. What about you?
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts