Gym experiences in Chiang Mai Hong Thong gym

Dam

Hello 

I did one month of training at Hong Thong muay thai gym.
It was in during march, at at this time of the year the quality of air is very very bad because  moutain people do slash and burn agriculture so there is a big smog. 
What I can say about Hongh thong gym ;  the first question I heard from one of the manager is, "Do you want to fight" so if you're looking to train and fight you can do it here.
When I was there the most of the people with whom I trained were foreigners, mostly from Australia and Canada. The quality of the training will depend a lot on the level of the partner with whom you will drill the technics and do sparring. You will always have 10 min of pad work by session and some days are more oriented on punch, kicks and defense and others on clinching.
Joe ( the owner) have a decent english and can teach interesting tips especially for the clinch (He was a muay khao fighter). I didn't had the chance to train with his brother Gen because he was at the Hong Thong gym in Australia at that time. I strongly recommed you to take some private training with Joe. There are not expensive and qualitative from my point of view.
They have some rooms there for long time stay, I get one for the month but if they are full you have two hotels at less than 200 meters from the gym.

I had the chance to do one private training in Bangkok with Yodkhunpon at Pk saenchai gym  and one with Karuhat at Samart gym. . I strongly  recommend them aswell. 

Edited by Dam
I shorten the text because the other one was not published

• Dam changed the title to Gym experiences in Chiang Mai Hong Thong gym
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve heard a lot about Hong Thong, and it’s cool you got to train there for a month. The air quality during that time sounds rough, so thanks for the heads-up—I'll definitely keep that in mind if I plan a trip in March. The gym’s focus on fighting sounds perfect if you’re looking to compete. I’ve had similar experiences where the training quality depends on your partners, so I get that.

Private sessions with Joe seem like a solid idea, especially for clinch work since Muay Khao fighters really know their stuff.

• Like 1