Muay Thai's cultural impact in society

Hello everyone, I am currently studying in order to create an assignment for my Kru Yai. The assignment is about Muay Thai's contribution to society. I am trying to find articles about the significance of the art in todays world but I can't seem to find anything perticular. Even google scholar seems to not have enough information for me to dig in. Any help or clues would be appreciated! ( I am not asking for anyone to write my assignment, I am only asking for some reliable information such as websites, books, articles.) Also, excuse my English, as you propably understand it's not my first language.

• 2 weeks later...

You can look through my various articles which sometimes focuses on this:

https://8limbsus.com/muay-thai-forum/forum/23-kevins-corner-muay-thai-philosophy-ethics/

especially the article on Muay Thai as a Rite. The general thought is that Thailand's traditional Muay Thai offers the world an important understanding of self-control in an era which is increasingly oriented towards abject violence for entertainment. There are also arguments which connect Muay Thai to environmental concerns.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey, no worries about the English—it’s totally clear! For sources, maybe try looking into how Muay Thai has been used in community programs, like for at-risk youth or promoting fitness. You could also check out research on the mental health benefits of martial arts in general, and then narrow it down to Muay Thai. Sometimes you’ll find articles on the wider impact of martial arts and can apply that to your topic.

• Respect 1