Dragon Leg Fighter

Fight week, fight day and cutting weight

Hopefully Sylvie jumps in on this, just a few notes. Firstly, Sylvie hardly ever cuts weight so this is not something she has a ton of experience in. What we have done lately is to do a little salt & water loading the week before, and then just let the body eliminate the water in the last 24 hours (careful to make sure potassium is ok). There are probably lots of things to Google in water and salt loading though, better than we could ever advise.

As to fighting fasted or not, for Sylvie because she is not only keto and also fasts every other day, she is super fat-adapted, which means that her energy levels are pretty much pretty unchanged on fast days. Fighting in fast days is even preferred sometimes. But...if you aren't super fat adapted, and used to training on fast days it's probably not best to fight fasted.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 1:31 PM, Dragon Leg Fighter said:

What to eat and how much to eat during fight week/camp on keto? 

Should one re-feed after weigh ins or is it better to fight fasted, with only electrolytes and water? 

How does one cut weight on keto? (20-25lbs)

Are you eating Keto all the time, or only during fight camp and for weight cut?

Do you fast often and for how long? Do you train fasted?

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Sylvie von Duuglas-Ittu said:

Are you eating Keto all the time, or only during fight camp and for weight cut?

Do you fast often and for how long? Do you train fasted?

I do keto full time, sometimes even carnivore. I usually train six times a week (around 20 hours a week). I’ve only trained fasted a couple of times and noticed no difference in my energy levels.