4eyedfighter

Vegan Keto Experience?

Hello everyone, 

I am a vegan athlete and I have been considering transitioning to vegan keto as a trial for two weeks. Initially, I noticed a positive shift in my endurance and quick recovery when I transitioned to a vegan diet. Does anyone else have experience with this transition? 

Hey there, I definitely noticed a difference from transitioning to vegan. I did this last year and I had massive improvement with my skin and mental clarity.  
But I am vegetarian at the moment (I had a holiday in Italy LOL) it was impossible for me to be vegan in Italy! 

But... I’m trying keto Now so I have cheeses and eggs. 
As a vegan I am really unsure how keto will be? I’d like to see your results because I am contemplating going back to a vegan diet soon. 
it’s just habit and enjoying cheese that I’m vegetarian and not vegan. 

I would imagine the fats would be difficult to find as a vegan 🤷‍♀️ 

good luck though, vegans are the best 🙏🏼🤘🏼

I have been vegan for about 8 or 9 years now. Also I do intermittent fasting (16/8) for about a year straight.

Inspired by Sylvie and Kevin, we tried to implement Keto recently. But to be honest, we quit the project after a couple of days. Although we ate A LOT during the eating window, we fell about 500 kcalories short every day. Usually it’s easy for me to stay fasted until after noon, but during the “trial” I woke up feeling hungry already and somehow lacking energy. So we stopped. BUT: We learned from it - mainly how to avoid unnecessary sugars and carbohydrates even more. 

Edited by der Toni

My goal is to give a two week trial and see how it makes a difference. I am still in quarantine here in the States so no gym time for another few weeks, at least. I will report back.

Focusing on hemp, chia, flax, avocados, and coconut milk, yogurt, nut milks, plus pea protein for lysine. Incorporating a good level of dark leafy greens, spinach and nutritional yeast. 

Edited by 4eyedfighter
  • Like 2

Two weeks of vegan keto and I kept getting in and out of ketosis so I stopped. 

Dietary restriction were a bit of work as maintaining protein levels were the biggest challenge.

Overall, I shred some weight (9lbs), mostly muscle mass (5bs) and little fat (1%), IF my digital scale is correct. 

My metabolic age dropped by 3 years. 

I definitely noticed a difference in explosive energy (flying knees) and feeling less winded during burpees.

Cardio results today similar as I recently have gone back on during vegan diet for a week. 

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing, phew that’s tricky with vegan protein and sticking to keto. 
Do you think the muscle mass loss was due to not being in a gym? Or have you been lifting etc at home? 
Also, 
How did you test you age? I’d be interested to calculate my own 🙏🏼 

Couldn't make it cause of health problems triggered immediately by this diet. So I had to choose something else. In my opinion, all you have to do to lose weight is just to eat less. And move more. Motivation is the key and there's sites like https://fine-health.com/ to motivate. I dunno, reading about people who managed to reach their goal help me.