Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu

10 Day Test to See if Keto is For You

I'm about 3 months into my Keto experience.  I've been dropping excess weight very steadily (2lbs/wk almost like clockwork).  I've noticed that my appetite is sated with the food and it is relatively easy to maintain ketosis once you realize how much hidden sugar you have to avoid.  When I fall out of ketosis because of a moment of weakness, I just fast for a day or two and I'm right back on the wagon.

In reference to the blood lipid profile (cholesterol), I had bloodwork done about a month-in.  My triglycerides were way down, HDL was up a few points, but LDL did go up like 30 points.  However, I've read that when your system begins to burn your own fat this can occur and it eventually stabilizes as you get closer to a fitter BF to lean body mass ratio.  So I'll probably ask my doctor for another test in a few months.  

I can't say I've noticed the mental clarity enhanced (but I'm dealing with some other health stuff that might explain this).  

Like many have already discussed, you need to supplement with electrolytes.  The first week was a bit rough for me because I wasn't supplementing my minerals.  Then I discovered something called Snake Juice.  They do sell packets of this on Amazon, but I used a recipe that you can use to make your own.  Here's the link:

Fair warning, the guy behind the recipe is pretty salty (much like the Snake Juice) and obnoxious, but for someone who is fasting and/or doing keto while working out a lot, I recommend it.  It helped me address the lightheaded and dizzy feeling associated with the initial electrolyte imbalance most people experience as they become fat adapted. That said, if you have hypertension, are sodium sensitive, please discuss with your physician before... you know the rest.    

Overall I'd say that keto was a godsend.  I wish I had done it sooner.  

• Like 3
  • hahaha 1
  • Gamma 1
  • Cool 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, OldBones said:

Then I discovered something called Snake Juice.  They do sell packets of this on Amazon, but I used a recipe that you can use to make your own.  Here's the link:

Fair warning, the guy behind the recipe is pretty salty (much like the Snake Juice) and obnoxious, but for someone who is fasting and/or doing keto while working out a lot, I recommend it.  It helped me address the lightheaded and dizzy feeling associated with the initial electrolyte imbalance most people experience as they become fat adapted. That said, if you have hypertension, are sodium sensitive, please discuss with your physician before... you know the rest.    

Overall I'd say that keto was a godsend.  I wish I had done it sooner.  

Damn, I find this snake guy absolutely hilarious. I was laughing the whole time watching the video haha. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely try his electrolyte juice and see how it goes.

• Like 1