Hey!

3rd time doing a weight cut, so I'm not too experienced but I tried to not overcomplicate things and I have found good results from counting calories and staying in a calorie deficit.

(Burn more calories than I consume on a daily basis.)

I keep to high protein, high carb and low fat meals.

Example : I burn 2300 calories each day without training (with training around 3000-3200 calories) and I eat around 1900-2000 calories!

I use MyFitnessPal to track calories!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaneDeacon said:

Hey!

3rd time doing a weight cut, so I'm not too experienced but I tried to not overcomplicate things and I have found good results from counting calories and staying in a calorie deficit.

(Burn more calories than I consume on a daily basis.)

I keep to high protein, high carb and low fat meals.

Example : I burn 2300 calories each day without training (with training around 3000-3200 calories) and I eat around 1900-2000 calories!

I use MyFitnessPal to track calories!

And what should be the best vegetables for this purpose...???

On 9/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, Tom Riddle said:

What should be the best ingredient for weight loss process.??

I suppose you arent no middle age+, fatty person, with insuline-syndrom, big belly thin legs, but sooner a youngish adult, training much?

What is your exact purpose to cut weigh?  Come into match weight; ie do a quickie for a couple of days,

, or to make an overall cut off into a sport where being lean and not weighting much is always an advantage??  as for example long distance runner...

15 hours ago, Tom Riddle said:

And what should be the best vegetables for this purpose...???

I suppose the old time sallade blades, and spinach blades are among the best.   🙂   Also, spinach blades are neutral in taste, almost a little sweetish, so you can eat them quite a lot, even if you arent fancied in the classical sallad-blade sallades.    🙂

Most "above the earth" groceries are good. 

Berries are good too; both for being healthsome (lotsa of vitamines and antioxidants), and not much sugar.

Fruits if you arent ketosian.  Apples are excellent.  Bananas have much potassium.  If you are OK with not so matured bananas, they wont contain much sugar but contain much fibres and all the vitamines and minerales typical for bananas...  Matured bananas contain much sugar and less fibres, so it cant be recommended for a person minding hers weight - or state of blood sugar.

Ps.  Im by instinct recommending lotsa of antioxidants.  But I have learned, for active full contact fighters whom are always having lotsa of micro-contusions, much antioxidants arent good.   Im not sure about the mechanisms,, it seems the oxidating agents indirectly helps with the healing of these micro-contusions....   So, my guess to summarize:  if you are a full contact fighter, take antioxidants because they are necessary for good health, but dont take more than an average person.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanZ said:

I suppose the old time sallade blades, and spinach blades are among the best.   🙂   Also, spinach blades are neutral in taste, almost a little sweetish, so you can eat them quite a lot, even if you arent fancied in the classical sallad-blade sallades.    🙂

Most "above the earth" groceries are good. 

Berries are good too; both for being healthsome (lotsa of vitamines and antioxidants), and not much sugar.

Fruits if you arent ketosian.  Apples are excellent.  Bananas have much potassium.  If you are OK with not so matured bananas, they wont contain much sugar but contain much fibres and all the vitamines and minerales typical for bananas...  Matured bananas contain much sugar and less fibres, so it cant be recommended for a person minding hers weight - or state of blood sugar.

Ps.  Im by instinct recommending lotsa of antioxidants.  But I have learned, for active full contact fighters whom are always having lotsa of micro-contusions, much antioxidants arent good.   Im not sure about the mechanisms,, it seems the oxidating agents indirectly helps with the healing of these micro-contusions....   So, my guess to summarize:  if you are a full contact fighter, take antioxidants because they are necessary for good health, but dont take more than an average person.

Bro.. Let me tell you one thing.. I was once in for weight loss. I used to eat vegetables like you've recommended but the problem was that i liked that stuff and i started over-eating those vegetables.. I'm a little foody.. I think weight loss is impossible for me..😆

10 hours ago, Tom Riddle said:

Bro.. Let me tell you one thing.. I was once in for weight loss. I used to eat vegetables like you've recommended but the problem was that i liked that stuff and i started over-eating those vegetables.. I'm a little foody.. I think weight loss is impossible for me..😆

So if you tend to overeat, next step would be to mind the size of the portions.

We tend to eat up what is on the plate.  So the easiest is to use smaller plates.   And dont take extra portions.

Sorry for my uneven english.  English is my third language.  Even if I do often participate on english spoken forums, but still, its uneven.

There are also spices and foods,  which increase the burning.  Chili is well described, but its probably true for all peppers, because they all contain the same capsaicin?.   The big studys had been done with chili, that is why everyone mention chili.  But almost all peppers are useful

There are surely also other spices.

Also, cocoa oil burns nicely, and help with the burning of other fats too.  Some use just cocoa oil as their leaning up device...  Take coldpressed organic style.

Nuts are good.  They have much calories, but also they are burning nicely, so the practical net effect is better than the theoretical contains of calories.

There are surely also other foods which are both healthy, and hasten up the burning....

Of course, in such studies they gets quite a lot of that preparates / foods.  More than a normal person uses.  But many small additions, and soon you are there.   🙂   Just to be consistent.

Also, its possible to get used to bigger amounts of say, black pepper, than an average person uses.   Just buy a big jar with pepper, so it will be cheaper per kilo.

Morning exercise before you eat breakfast.  A brisk walk / running at least half an hour.   Take coffeine before. You may take a little cocoa fat before you start; it will start up the burning.     Wait with the breakfast at least half an hour after the walk, or at least, eat just slow carbos for breakfast.  No sugar nor wheat.  If you are on keto its of course no problem here, but not all are on keto.

This advice is, because increased burning continues a while after the exercise.  You dont want to stop this by eating quick carbos....

A brisk evening walk of at least half an hour, is also useful, by the same reason; ie increased burning which continues during the night.  But dont take caffeine before the evening walk; you will get difficult to sleep.

A 18-6 diet (or some variation thereof) may be useful to try.   Ie, you eat  between, say 9-15, and nothing during the rest of the time.

OMAD one meal a day, is of course an extreme version of this.   Or Sylvies pet variation, every second day...  Being on keto, isnt even no big deal.   because you arent hungry the same way as when still on carbo.

I myself use 18-6,  flexing by practical reasons into 16-8.  This gives me possibility to get two planned meals a day, and even; a little plate of youghurt with lotsa of different healthy spices and ingredients in midways in the day.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, StefanZ said:

So if you tend to overeat, next step would be to mind the size of the portions.

We tend to eat up what is on the plate.  So the easiest is to use smaller plates.   And dont take extra portions.

Sorry for my uneven english.  English is my third language.  Even if I do often participate on english spoken forums, but still, its uneven.

There are also spices and foods,  which increase the burning.  Chili is well described, but its probably true for all peppers, because they all contain the same capsaicin?.   The big studys had been done with chili, that is why everyone mention chili.  But almost all peppers are useful

There are surely also other spices.

Also, cocoa oil burns nicely, and help with the burning of other fats too.  Some use just cocoa oil as their leaning up device...  Take coldpressed organic style.

Nuts are good.  They have much calories, but also they are burning nicely, so the practical net effect is better than the theoretical contains of calories.

There are surely also other foods which are both healthy, and hasten up the burning....

Of course, in such studies they gets quite a lot of that preparates / foods.  More than a normal person uses.  But many small additions, and soon you are there.   🙂   Just to be consistent.

Also, its possible to get used to bigger amounts of say, black pepper, than an average person uses.   Just buy a big jar with pepper, so it will be cheaper per kilo.

Morning exercise before you eat breakfast.  A brisk walk / running at least half an hour.   Take coffeine before. You may take a little cocoa fat before you start; it will start up the burning.     Wait with the breakfast at least half an hour after the walk, or at least, eat just slow carbos for breakfast.  No sugar nor wheat.  If you are on keto its of course no problem here, but not all are on keto.

This advice is, because increased burning continues a while after the exercise.  You dont want to stop this by eating quick carbos....

A brisk evening walk of at least half an hour, is also useful, by the same reason; ie increased burning which continues during the night.  But dont take caffeine before the evening walk; you will get difficult to sleep.

A 18-6 diet (or some variation thereof) may be useful to try.   Ie, you eat  between, say 9-15, and nothing during the rest of the time.

OMAD one meal a day, is of course an extreme version of this.   Or Sylvies pet variation, every second day...  Being on keto, isnt even no big deal.   because you arent hungry the same way as when still on carbo.

I myself use 18-6,  flexing by practical reasons into 16-8.  This gives me possibility to get two planned meals a day, and even; a little plate of youghurt with lotsa of different healthy spices and ingredients in midways in the day.

Bro You're Explanation is always awesome.. I'm becoming a big fan of you..

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:01 PM, Tom Riddle said:

You dont really tell much about your actual situation.  So its difficult to analyse. 

But I get an impression, you are eathing healthy, including much vegetables.  You have cut your calories to a sub level. You train a lot.  And yet, you arent going down, being  still "overweigh".

And so its a problem for you.

Now, lets hope you arent anorectic...  Because anorectics may be verry thin by all accounts, but they themselves believe they are fat...

You may be a natural here, dont needing much food.  Alike a pony, whom gots fat as soon she has free access to fresh grass, even if she works a lot.

You may have problems with thyroid hormones.  (so a check up with your doctor is in order, both for the thyroid and other hormones, and possible anorexia - if you ARE too thin, doc will tell you this). 

I come to think about the funny but wise joke:  Cookies dont contain much vitamines.  So you must eat much cookies to get some vitamines...  🙂

And there is a big kernel of truth in this joke.

Normally if we eat our 2500+ calories a day, we usually get most of necessary nutrients even if the diet isnt perfectly balanced...  That is one reason why very long the main demand on food WAS the overall calorie intake.  For example, for soldiers.

But if we cut down the food intake more than marginally, suddenly we need to think much more about the nutrients, vitamines, minerales...  And remember our need of carbos isnt really high, we need more of fat and proteins.  Even if it IS possible for humans to live much on carbos.

The food must be balanced, and preferably, we shall take in also extra vitamine and minerale supplements.

So this is really my suggestion too.   Be sure you take suitable supplements, be it tablettes / pills or else.

The official daily recommendation are often really not the optimal dosage, but its minimi dosages to not become sick.

I know its true for vitamines C and D; both should be about 10x than the usual official recommendation,  but I suspect it may somewhat bigger dosages are desirable for other vitamines and minerales too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanZ said:

You dont really tell much about your actual situation.  So its difficult to analyse. 

But I get an impression, you are eathing healthy, including much vegetables.  You have cut your calories to a sub level. You train a lot.  And yet, you arent going down, being  still "overweigh".

And so its a problem for you.

Now, lets hope you arent anorectic...  Because anorectics may be verry thin by all accounts, but they themselves believe they are fat...

You may be a natural here, dont needing much food.  Alike a pony, whom gots fat as soon she has free access to fresh grass, even if she works a lot.

You may have problems with thyroid hormones.  (so a check up with your doctor is in order, both for the thyroid and other hormones, and possible anorexia - if you ARE too thin, doc will tell you this). 

I come to think about the funny but wise joke:  Cookies dont contain much vitamines.  So you must eat much cookies to get some vitamines...  🙂

And there is a big kernel of truth in this joke.

Normally if we eat our 2500+ calories a day, we usually get most of necessary nutrients even if the diet isnt perfectly balanced...  That is one reason why very long the main demand on food WAS the overall calorie intake.  For example, for soldiers.

But if we cut down the food intake more than marginally, suddenly we need to think much more about the nutrients, vitamines, minerales...  And remember our need of carbos isnt really high, we need more of fat and proteins.  Even if it IS possible for humans to live much on carbos.

The food must be balanced, and preferably, we shall take in also extra vitamine and minerale supplements.

So this is really my suggestion too.   Be sure you take suitable supplements, be it tablettes / pills or else.

The official daily recommendation are often really not the optimal dosage, but its minimi dosages to not become sick.

I know its true for vitamines C and D; both should be about 10x than the usual official recommendation,  but I suspect it may somewhat bigger dosages are desirable for other vitamines and minerales too...

Thanks God!! Someone recommended me cookies.. Bro You're right that was the situation i was worried about.
Thank you very much for the information. I'll work on it.

• hahaha 1