Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey!

3rd time doing a weight cut, so I'm not too experienced but I tried to not overcomplicate things and I have found good results from counting calories and staying in a calorie deficit.

(Burn more calories than I consume on a daily basis.)

I keep to high protein, high carb and low fat meals.

Example : I burn 2300 calories each day without training (with training around 3000-3200 calories) and I eat around 1900-2000 calories!

I use MyFitnessPal to track calories!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ShaneDeacon said:

Hey!

3rd time doing a weight cut, so I'm not too experienced but I tried to not overcomplicate things and I have found good results from counting calories and staying in a calorie deficit.

(Burn more calories than I consume on a daily basis.)

I keep to high protein, high carb and low fat meals.

Example : I burn 2300 calories each day without training (with training around 3000-3200 calories) and I eat around 1900-2000 calories!

I use MyFitnessPal to track calories!

And what should be the best vegetables for this purpose...???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, Tom Riddle said:

What should be the best ingredient for weight loss process.??

I suppose you arent no middle age+, fatty person, with insuline-syndrom, big belly thin legs, but sooner a youngish adult, training much?

 

What is your exact purpose to cut weigh?  Come into match weight; ie do a quickie for a couple of days,

, or to make an overall cut off into a sport where being lean and not weighting much is always an advantage??  as for example long distance runner...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tom Riddle said:

And what should be the best vegetables for this purpose...???

I suppose the old time sallade blades, and spinach blades are among the best.   🙂   Also, spinach blades are neutral in taste, almost a little sweetish, so you can eat them quite a lot, even if you arent fancied in the classical sallad-blade sallades.    🙂

 

Most "above the earth" groceries are good. 

Berries are good too; both for being healthsome (lotsa of vitamines and antioxidants), and not much sugar.

Fruits if you arent ketosian.  Apples are excellent.  Bananas have much potassium.  If you are OK with not so matured bananas, they wont contain much sugar but contain much fibres and all the vitamines and minerales typical for bananas...  Matured bananas contain much sugar and less fibres, so it cant be recommended for a person minding hers weight - or state of blood sugar.

 

Ps.  Im by instinct recommending lotsa of antioxidants.  But I have learned, for active full contact fighters whom are always having lotsa of micro-contusions, much antioxidants arent good.   Im not sure about the mechanisms,, it seems the oxidating agents indirectly helps with the healing of these micro-contusions....   So, my guess to summarize:  if you are a full contact fighter, take antioxidants because they are necessary for good health, but dont take more than an average person.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, StefanZ said:

I suppose the old time sallade blades, and spinach blades are among the best.   🙂   Also, spinach blades are neutral in taste, almost a little sweetish, so you can eat them quite a lot, even if you arent fancied in the classical sallad-blade sallades.    🙂

 

Most "above the earth" groceries are good. 

Berries are good too; both for being healthsome (lotsa of vitamines and antioxidants), and not much sugar.

Fruits if you arent ketosian.  Apples are excellent.  Bananas have much potassium.  If you are OK with not so matured bananas, they wont contain much sugar but contain much fibres and all the vitamines and minerales typical for bananas...  Matured bananas contain much sugar and less fibres, so it cant be recommended for a person minding hers weight - or state of blood sugar.

 

Ps.  Im by instinct recommending lotsa of antioxidants.  But I have learned, for active full contact fighters whom are always having lotsa of micro-contusions, much antioxidants arent good.   Im not sure about the mechanisms,, it seems the oxidating agents indirectly helps with the healing of these micro-contusions....   So, my guess to summarize:  if you are a full contact fighter, take antioxidants because they are necessary for good health, but dont take more than an average person.

Bro.. Let me tell you one thing.. I was once in for weight loss. I used to eat vegetables like you've recommended but the problem was that i liked that stuff and i started over-eating those vegetables.. I'm a little foody.. I think weight loss is impossible for me..😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tom Riddle said:

Bro.. Let me tell you one thing.. I was once in for weight loss. I used to eat vegetables like you've recommended but the problem was that i liked that stuff and i started over-eating those vegetables.. I'm a little foody.. I think weight loss is impossible for me..😆

So if you tend to overeat, next step would be to mind the size of the portions.

We tend to eat up what is on the plate.  So the easiest is to use smaller plates.   And dont take extra portions.

 

Sorry for my uneven english.  English is my third language.  Even if I do often participate on english spoken forums, but still, its uneven.

 

There are also spices and foods,  which increase the burning.  Chili is well described, but its probably true for all peppers, because they all contain the same capsaicin?.   The big studys had been done with chili, that is why everyone mention chili.  But almost all peppers are useful

There are surely also other spices.

Also, cocoa oil burns nicely, and help with the burning of other fats too.  Some use just cocoa oil as their leaning up device...  Take coldpressed organic style.

Nuts are good.  They have much calories, but also they are burning nicely, so the practical net effect is better than the theoretical contains of calories.

There are surely also other foods which are both healthy, and hasten up the burning....

 

Of course, in such studies they gets quite a lot of that preparates / foods.  More than a normal person uses.  But many small additions, and soon you are there.   🙂   Just to be consistent.

Also, its possible to get used to bigger amounts of say, black pepper, than an average person uses.   Just buy a big jar with pepper, so it will be cheaper per kilo.

 

Morning exercise before you eat breakfast.  A brisk walk / running at least half an hour.   Take coffeine before. You may take a little cocoa fat before you start; it will start up the burning.     Wait with the breakfast at least half an hour after the walk, or at least, eat just slow carbos for breakfast.  No sugar nor wheat.  If you are on keto its of course no problem here, but not all are on keto.

This advice is, because increased burning continues a while after the exercise.  You dont want to stop this by eating quick carbos....

 

A brisk evening walk of at least half an hour, is also useful, by the same reason; ie increased burning which continues during the night.  But dont take caffeine before the evening walk; you will get difficult to sleep.

 

A 18-6 diet (or some variation thereof) may be useful to try.   Ie, you eat  between, say 9-15, and nothing during the rest of the time.

OMAD one meal a day, is of course an extreme version of this.   Or Sylvies pet variation, every second day...  Being on keto, isnt even no big deal.   because you arent hungry the same way as when still on carbo.

 

I myself use 18-6,  flexing by practical reasons into 16-8.  This gives me possibility to get two planned meals a day, and even; a little plate of youghurt with lotsa of different healthy spices and ingredients in midways in the day.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, StefanZ said:

So if you tend to overeat, next step would be to mind the size of the portions.

We tend to eat up what is on the plate.  So the easiest is to use smaller plates.   And dont take extra portions.

 

Sorry for my uneven english.  English is my third language.  Even if I do often participate on english spoken forums, but still, its uneven.

 

There are also spices and foods,  which increase the burning.  Chili is well described, but its probably true for all peppers, because they all contain the same capsaicin?.   The big studys had been done with chili, that is why everyone mention chili.  But almost all peppers are useful

There are surely also other spices.

Also, cocoa oil burns nicely, and help with the burning of other fats too.  Some use just cocoa oil as their leaning up device...  Take coldpressed organic style.

Nuts are good.  They have much calories, but also they are burning nicely, so the practical net effect is better than the theoretical contains of calories.

There are surely also other foods which are both healthy, and hasten up the burning....

 

Of course, in such studies they gets quite a lot of that preparates / foods.  More than a normal person uses.  But many small additions, and soon you are there.   🙂   Just to be consistent.

Also, its possible to get used to bigger amounts of say, black pepper, than an average person uses.   Just buy a big jar with pepper, so it will be cheaper per kilo.

 

Morning exercise before you eat breakfast.  A brisk walk / running at least half an hour.   Take coffeine before. You may take a little cocoa fat before you start; it will start up the burning.     Wait with the breakfast at least half an hour after the walk, or at least, eat just slow carbos for breakfast.  No sugar nor wheat.  If you are on keto its of course no problem here, but not all are on keto.

This advice is, because increased burning continues a while after the exercise.  You dont want to stop this by eating quick carbos....

 

A brisk evening walk of at least half an hour, is also useful, by the same reason; ie increased burning which continues during the night.  But dont take caffeine before the evening walk; you will get difficult to sleep.

 

A 18-6 diet (or some variation thereof) may be useful to try.   Ie, you eat  between, say 9-15, and nothing during the rest of the time.

OMAD one meal a day, is of course an extreme version of this.   Or Sylvies pet variation, every second day...  Being on keto, isnt even no big deal.   because you arent hungry the same way as when still on carbo.

 

I myself use 18-6,  flexing by practical reasons into 16-8.  This gives me possibility to get two planned meals a day, and even; a little plate of youghurt with lotsa of different healthy spices and ingredients in midways in the day.

 

 

 

Bro You're Explanation is always awesome.. I'm becoming a big fan of you..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 10:01 PM, Tom Riddle said:

Bro.. Let me tell you one thing.. I was once in for weight loss. I used to eat vegetables like you've recommended but the problem was that i liked that stuff and i started over-eating those vegetables.. I'm a little foody.. I think weight loss is impossible for me..😆

You dont really tell much about your actual situation.  So its difficult to analyse. 

 But I get an impression, you are eathing healthy, including much vegetables.  You have cut your calories to a sub level. You train a lot.  And yet, you arent going down, being  still "overweigh".

And so its a problem for you.

Now, lets hope you arent anorectic...  Because anorectics may be verry thin by all accounts, but they themselves believe they are fat...

 

You may be a natural here, dont needing much food.  Alike a pony, whom gots fat as soon she has free access to fresh grass, even if she works a lot.

You may have problems with thyroid hormones.  (so a check up with your doctor is in order, both for the thyroid and other hormones, and possible anorexia - if you ARE too thin, doc will tell you this). 

 

I come to think about the funny but wise joke:  Cookies dont contain much vitamines.  So you must eat much cookies to get some vitamines...  🙂

 

And there is a big kernel of truth in this joke.

Normally if we eat our 2500+ calories a day, we usually get most of necessary nutrients even if the diet isnt perfectly balanced...  That is one reason why very long the main demand on food WAS the overall calorie intake.  For example, for soldiers.

 

But if we cut down the food intake more than marginally, suddenly we need to think much more about the nutrients, vitamines, minerales...  And remember our need of carbos isnt really high, we need more of fat and proteins.  Even if it IS possible for humans to live much on carbos.

The food must be balanced, and preferably, we shall take in also extra vitamine and minerale supplements.

 

So this is really my suggestion too.   Be sure you take suitable supplements, be it tablettes / pills or else.

The official daily recommendation are often really not the optimal dosage, but its minimi dosages to not become sick.

I know its true for vitamines C and D; both should be about 10x than the usual official recommendation,  but I suspect it may somewhat bigger dosages are desirable for other vitamines and minerales too...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, StefanZ said:

You dont really tell much about your actual situation.  So its difficult to analyse. 

 But I get an impression, you are eathing healthy, including much vegetables.  You have cut your calories to a sub level. You train a lot.  And yet, you arent going down, being  still "overweigh".

And so its a problem for you.

Now, lets hope you arent anorectic...  Because anorectics may be verry thin by all accounts, but they themselves believe they are fat...

 

You may be a natural here, dont needing much food.  Alike a pony, whom gots fat as soon she has free access to fresh grass, even if she works a lot.

You may have problems with thyroid hormones.  (so a check up with your doctor is in order, both for the thyroid and other hormones, and possible anorexia - if you ARE too thin, doc will tell you this). 

 

I come to think about the funny but wise joke:  Cookies dont contain much vitamines.  So you must eat much cookies to get some vitamines...  🙂

 

And there is a big kernel of truth in this joke.

Normally if we eat our 2500+ calories a day, we usually get most of necessary nutrients even if the diet isnt perfectly balanced...  That is one reason why very long the main demand on food WAS the overall calorie intake.  For example, for soldiers.

 

But if we cut down the food intake more than marginally, suddenly we need to think much more about the nutrients, vitamines, minerales...  And remember our need of carbos isnt really high, we need more of fat and proteins.  Even if it IS possible for humans to live much on carbos.

The food must be balanced, and preferably, we shall take in also extra vitamine and minerale supplements.

 

So this is really my suggestion too.   Be sure you take suitable supplements, be it tablettes / pills or else.

The official daily recommendation are often really not the optimal dosage, but its minimi dosages to not become sick.

I know its true for vitamines C and D; both should be about 10x than the usual official recommendation,  but I suspect it may somewhat bigger dosages are desirable for other vitamines and minerales too...

 

Thanks God!! Someone recommended me cookies.. Bro You're right that was the situation i was worried about.
Thank you very much for the information. I'll work on it.

  • hahaha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Most Recent Topics

  • Latest Comments

    • Great Step Taken. I would always admire Lumpinee as an inspiration!!!
    • I wanted to comment on this theme of MMA in regards also to what Kevin said on your last Muay-Thai Bones Podcast ep 26. Kevin spoke that he felt a red line had been crossed by allowing MMA in Lumpinee. He said He didnt want inferior MMA being shown there as one reason. He spoke of the inferior MMA of One Championship as compared to the UFC. Though the pool of fighters in One is smaller, it has for instance Team Lakay from the Philippines, and the Lee family of Hawaii:  Angela, Christian and now Victoria who could be champions in the UFC too, The UFC is best at exploiting and ruining the lives of its fighters who are subject to terrible contracts and endless bullying by this massive corporation.  Thank God One Championship exists, and many thanks to Chatri Sidyodtong for bringing Muay-Thai and Kickboxing into the program in 2018. The real problem of having MMA in Lumpinee is the problem of MMA itself. MMA usurped MuayThai years ago as the premier fighting art. In the early 90s when they had the first cage fights, it was also a contest of which style would prevail. Unfortunately BJJ 🤢 was the winner in those early years. Muay-Thai was only useful in standup, and striking could only prevail on the feet. If the fight went to the ground grapplers would prevail. Wrestlers, judokas jui jitsu, and sambo fighters could easily take down a stand-up fighter and submit or choke him out.  A third point which makes MMA the most attractive art is the streetfighting aspect which makes it more "realistic" to the bored average Western viewer. So MuayThai is seen as only one part, -and a less important aspect of MMA😢. What I am getting at basically is that from a Muay-Thai standpoint it would be better if MMA:                                         A) Never existed, or                                         B) Would just go away!😈
    • Seeing the Ungendered Body As Lines of Force quoting to begin... The above are the concluding thoughts of the excellent short article: Fight like a girl! An investigation into female martial practices in European Fight Books from the 14th to the 20th century by Daniel Jaquet. It presents in brief the basis of a coherent argument that though there are physiological differences between the sexes, distributed over a population, martial arts are about developing the advantages you can have that overcome any physical differences that might weigh against you. I present this argument about Muay Thai and women more at length in: The “Natural” Inferiority of Women and The Art of Muay Thai. Just as shorter fighters can fight (and beat) taller fighters, smaller fighters can beat heavier fighters and slower fighters can beat faster fighters, whatever projected or real physiological differences between women and men there may be, they can be overcome. That is the entire point of a fighting art, especially any art stemming from combat contexts. Interestingly enough, Daniel Jaquet actually points to modern "institutional competition" as over-informing the way we think about the capacities of a fighting female. We think in terms of classified differences (weight classes, and even rulesets, etc), and one of these classifications is simply gender. Fight Like a Girl.pdf The article documents a conspicuous absence of women regarded as (possibly) equal combatants for nearly 700 years in combat literature, as gender became more codified in the European tradition. Jaquet marks a foothold in the timeline with this sword and shield technical manual in 1305 (Liber de arte dimicatoria), one of the last documentations of an assumed and illustrated gendered equivalence, at least for purposes of instruction.     There is a great deal to think about in this topic at large, but here I'm most interested in the effects modernization, or rationalization of a fighting art can lead to ideas of gender equality, under fighting arts. And some of the ways modernization can push against it was well. Jaquet's finishing remarks (above) speak to this basic, rationalizing idea. Bodies are all different, they are all capable of differing physical actions, amounts of force being applied, speed of reaction times, etc. It follows, just as physical weaponry like swords or shields are force amplifiers, so too are the analogical "weapons and shields" (techniques) when practiced in a fighting art. If you know how to throw (or slip) a punch, you are within a force amplifier. The rationalization of fighting arts is a modernizing concept of extracting aspects of a traditional process of embodied knowledge practice, and classifying it, for pedagogic reasons, analysis, or commercial use. Seeing gendered bodies as force equations is rationalization. If you follow my writings you know that I have a great deal of hesitance regarding the eroding forces involved in the rationalization of fighting arts, both in terms of teaching and commercial performance (we can lose valuable and hidden habitus as we re-contextualize practices), but this does not mean that I wholesale resist rationalization/modernization. Instead it can act as a scissor, weaving and unweaving as it goes. As Jaquet points out, modernization itself also brings forth conventions which can regard important, liberating rationalizations of a fighting art. How Rationalized Jui-jitsu Changed the Early 20th Century Fight World What I'm really interested in is something that Jaquet does not pursue, and it's something that I have only touched on in my reading. What follows therefore is going to be only a broad sketch of intuitions that would be interesting areas of study. I was particularly struck by this 1905 photo included in his article: And the note tells us, this is the Duchess of Bedford training in Jiu-jitsu in England. I have not dug deeply into the history of Jiu-jitsu's immigration to England through Japanese masters, as well as other countries all over the world, but I assume this is part of a powerful rationalization impulse found in Japanese martial arts, much of it typified by Kanō Jigorō and his invention of Judo. Influenced by Western ideas of rational education and theories of utilitarianism Kano had the dream of modernizing traditional Jiu-jitsu along educational and health lines, and spreading this modernized version all over the world, eventually making it an Olympic sport. Judo and other forms of modern-leaning Jiu-jitsu spread internationally at this time, and the Duchess of Bedford's Jiu-jitsu no doubt was a part of this diaspora of the fighting art. Famously, it reached all the way down to Brazil, eventually becoming today's Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, but at this time it it also reached Siam (Thailand). King Vajiravudh of Siam (reign 1910-1925) was actually raised and educated in England in his youth and young adulthood, for nearly a decade before taking the throne. He brought with him not only an appreciation for British Boxing (which would deeply shape the development of Siam's Muay Thai), but also, one might expect, Judo/Jiu-jitsu which had growing presence in Britain. In 1907, two years after the photo of Mary Russell the Japanese community in Bangkok is recorded as teaching Jui-jitsu, in 1912 Prince Wabulya returns from study abroad in London having learned Judo, and teaches it to enthusiasts and in 1919 Judo is taught at the very important Suan Kulap College, along side British Boxing and the newly named "Muay Thai". It is enough to say that the modernization of Muay Boran into Muay Thai in the 1920s, in the image of Western Boxing (at the time Siam is making efforts to appear civilized in the eyes of the West), was part of an even larger, in fact world wide rationalization effort lead by Judo/Jui-jitsu. When we see this photo of Mary Russell in England, this is part of the one-and-the-same British movements of influence that created modern Muay Thai over the next decades (gloved, weight class, fixed stadium, rounds). Rationalization is happening. Notably, this unfolds it is in the context of King Chulalonkorn's previous religious reformation of Siam which would have lasting impact on the seats of Siam's Muay Thai, moving it away from temple teachings and magical practices. Siam is becoming a modern Nation, and the reformation of Buddhism (along with Muay Thai) is a significant part of that process: from The Modernization of Muay Thai – A Timeline   Returning to the rationalizing efforts of British Jui-jitsu which will almost necessarily un-moor rooted gender bias, with even political consequences. As Jaquet writes, the medical/physical perspective of empowerment and health ended up expressing itself in the Suffragettes Self-Defense Club, to aid in physical confrontations with police:   Now, this certainly was not happening in Siam. In fact Siam/Thailand was busy "civilizing" itself in the eyes of the West by importing the strong Victorian views of powerful visual differences between genders. Modes of dress, differentiating the sexes, were even at one point legally mandated by the government in coming decades. What we today read as quintessentially "Thai" traditional attitudes towards the differences between the sexes though complex is actually, perhaps best explained as a Western value and practice importation during the first half of the 20th century. The visual differentiation of the sexes in dress: Thai cultural mandate #10 (1941): Polite international-style attire   Civilizing the Savage and Savagizing the Civil What I'm interested in is the connection between the early 20th century rationalization/modernization of Jui-Juitsu in Britain, and today's rationalization-modernization of Muay Thai in Thailand. The schism between Thailand and Britain in terms of gender, under the guise of "civilization" recently and long last was symbolically bridged when women were finally integrated into Lumpinee Stadium promotion: The First Female Fight In Lumpinee Stadium Breaking the Prohibition. Note: the strong division between the genders of the late 1930s and 1940s in the "international-style" of work and dress is also in the context of the construction of Rajadamnern Stadium (1945) and Lumpinee Stadium (1956) under Thai fascism and Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram (Prime Minister    1938-1944 and 1948-1957). It is unknown what gendered Muay Thai practices may have developed without this heritage of an imitation of the West. As an contemporary outsider we tend to assume these "traditional" gendered differences as purely and essentially "Thai" and not a product of Western example or influence. Seeing these two photos, well over 100 years apart, in relationship to each other under the view of Internationalized Rationalization of fighting arts is fecund to examination. There is no clean line that leads between rationalization of the art and sport and the equality of the genders. Importantly, and not without irony, when King Vajiravudh modernized Muay Boran in imitation of British Boxing he was attempting to purge Siam and its fighting art of the impression of savageness. Contestants did die in the ring (probably quite rarely) with rope-bound hands, but more importantly the use of feet and elbows and probably much more of Siamese fighting was seen as primitive by British report. Codifying Muay Thai was no simple desire to just imitate the West as superior, as the West used the motive of civilizing "primitive" people to justify the colonization of peoples, including all the countries in Siam's orbit. No doubt King Vajiravudh had adopted many British aesthetics during his decade in British schooling, but there also something prophylactic to the transformation of Muay Thai before the eyes in the West. Now though, Thailand is bending its fighting art to the Internationalist tastes of greater violence, more aggression, as part of a vision that is pushing it to join what might be seen as a globalized Combat Sports Industrial Complex, battling for eyeballs. And, as I say ironically enough, with this comes the rising commercial viability of women seen as equals. As Lumpinee Stadium seeks to Internationalize itself it brings in women, and also it brings in the "savagery" for which Siam's fighting was (politically and colonially) stigmatized over 100 years ago, as MMA comes to its storied name. The "Be more civilized!" and "Distinguish the genders!" that was once demanded by the globalizing West has become "Be more violent!" and "Equalize the genders!" by the globalizing West...a West that is actually now an Internationalist vision. What is missing from this story perhaps is the equivalence of Britain's Suffragettes Self-Defense Club, which is to say the way in which equality under a martial arts rationalization is connected to the political fight for women's liberties and rights. From my view I suspect that the growing importance of respected female fighting in combat sports is an expression of the increased social and economic capital women have in a globalized world. Women as having real and imagined physical prowess in the traditionally male-coded ring (and cage) symbolically manifests actual changes in female powers in society. Women in rings has grown out of the Suffragettes Self-Defense Club, not now equalizing themselves with embodied knowledge in the streets against police, but rather signifying their political and socio-economic heft to a globalized world. Yet, as all things bend back, the commercialized capture of symbolized female power in the ring is part of its re-domestication, as women's bodies become sites of judgement and eroticized re-packaging, problemizing any overriding narrative of liberty. As women are called to the ring under the auspices of aggression-first promotional fight theater in the double-bind navigation of globalized freedoms, the role of rationalization remains circumspect. Rationalization can and does lead to the re-codification of the genders, as we see with the conventions of institutional competition, as well as within the commodification of the female person and body by combat sport entertainment, yet it also holds the power to un-moor entrenched sexism and bias which work to restrict the possibilities of women as fighter who stands as proxy to the power of women in general.
  • The Latest From Open Topics Forum

    • Great Step Taken. I would always admire Lumpinee as an inspiration!!!
    • I wanted to comment on this theme of MMA in regards also to what Kevin said on your last Muay-Thai Bones Podcast ep 26. Kevin spoke that he felt a red line had been crossed by allowing MMA in Lumpinee. He said He didnt want inferior MMA being shown there as one reason. He spoke of the inferior MMA of One Championship as compared to the UFC. Though the pool of fighters in One is smaller, it has for instance Team Lakay from the Philippines, and the Lee family of Hawaii:  Angela, Christian and now Victoria who could be champions in the UFC too, The UFC is best at exploiting and ruining the lives of its fighters who are subject to terrible contracts and endless bullying by this massive corporation.  Thank God One Championship exists, and many thanks to Chatri Sidyodtong for bringing Muay-Thai and Kickboxing into the program in 2018. The real problem of having MMA in Lumpinee is the problem of MMA itself. MMA usurped MuayThai years ago as the premier fighting art. In the early 90s when they had the first cage fights, it was also a contest of which style would prevail. Unfortunately BJJ 🤢 was the winner in those early years. Muay-Thai was only useful in standup, and striking could only prevail on the feet. If the fight went to the ground grapplers would prevail. Wrestlers, judokas jui jitsu, and sambo fighters could easily take down a stand-up fighter and submit or choke him out.  A third point which makes MMA the most attractive art is the streetfighting aspect which makes it more "realistic" to the bored average Western viewer. So MuayThai is seen as only one part, -and a less important aspect of MMA😢. What I am getting at basically is that from a Muay-Thai standpoint it would be better if MMA:                                         A) Never existed, or                                         B) Would just go away!😈
    • It was just announced that, starting January 8th of next year, Lumpinee will start promoting an afternoon show that is only children. There will be 4 bouts per card, starting at 1:30 PM. Children have been permitted to fight at Lumpinee for a long time, but there has always been a weight limit (and ostensibly an age limit, but I'm not sure what that was; the weight limit kind of takes care of the age limit at the same time) of 100 lbs. As it's been told to me by Legends and older fighters who entered Lumpinee at that 100 lbs minimum, it's a bit of a forgiving line and fighters sometimes had to eat and drink in order to try to hit 100 lbs, rather than anyone dropping down to it. This new show is lowering the weight limit to 80 lbs, which will allow younger fighters or will at least acknowledge what weight some of those fighters are actually at when they come to the stadium. The intention of the show is to give access and opportunity to dao rung or "rising stars" as they are called in Thai. It's unclear from the announcement who will be the promoter for this particular program, but it's in line with something that Sia Boat of Petchyindee had initiated and invested in for his own promotions prior to the most recent shutdowns from Covid. It is unlikely that this will include girls; but we'll see. Of note is that the graphic used for this announcement are two young fighters Jojo (red) and Yodpetaek (blue), two top young fighters are 12 and 13 years old, who recently fought to a draw on a high profile fight. Neither of these two fighters meet the weight requirement at 80 lbs.
    • To be honest, from my perspective, it feels like "ok we going to allow women fighting so we just gonna allow everything". Pyrrhic victory. 
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      1.1k
    • Total Posts
      10.1k
×
×
  • Create New...