Share your diet and supplement log!

I am a big believer in the idea that different diets work for different people. I really don't think there is only one way of fueling your body while training. I am always experimenting with my diet, and everyone (myself included) seems to be pretty curious about what a fighter's diet entails. Because of this I thought I would post my current diet/training plan. This is simply a log of what I have been eating for the last week or so, please don't take it as a recommendation of "eating right". Also I use MyFitnessPal to track all my foods, if you have never used this app I think it is worth checking out. Very helpful, especially if you are living in the US.

Please feel free to post the same sort of logs, it might be fun to compare!

DAILY SUPPLEMENTS: BCAAs (20g?), Fish Oil (8000mg, 14.4g EPA, 9.6g DHA, .112g Vitamin E), and a multi-vitamin

DAILY WATER INTAKE: 8 - 10 Liters

PLAN ONE:

7:00am I have green tea and 8 grams of BCAA (Gaspari Aminomax 8000)

Train from 7:30 - 9:30

10:00am I take another 8 grams of BCAA

12:00pm I eat Guay Tiew (Thai noodle soup), two hardboiled eggs, 250g watermelon, 140g of pineapple, and 220g of rose apples

1:00pm I eat four thin rice cakes and two TBS of all natural peanut butter (rice cake sammiches!)

2:00pm I have Kana Gai Kang (1.3 cups white rice, chinese kale, and chicken covered with two eggs)

3:30pm I have a protien shake (Musclepharm Combat Cookies and Creme at the moment)

Train from 4:00pm -​6:00pm

7:30pm I eat half a chicken (with skin because that is the best part), spicy papaya salad, and two bags sticky rice (about one cup)

PLAN TWO:

7:00am I have green tea and 8 grams of BCAA (Gaspari Aminomax 8000)

Train from 7:30 - 9:30

10:00am I take another 8 grams of BCAA

12:00pm I have 250g watermelon, 140g of pineapple, and 220g of rose apples

1:00pm I have Guay Tiew (Thai noodle soup) and Khao Man Gai (1 cup white rice topped with 4oz chicken)

2:30pm I eat four thin rice cakes and two TBS of all natural peanut butter (MOAR rice cake sammiches!), two hard boiled eggs

3:30pm I have a protien shake (Musclepharm Combat Cookies and Creme at the moment)

Train from 4:00pm -​6:00pm

7:30pm I eat half a chicken (with extra skin! J/K

• Like 2

I'm very curious to hear from more people on this. I'm on my phone so the short version for me (female about 155lbs):

8am coffee and fruit (usually includes a banana plus whatever else I picked up that week)

9:00-10:30 train

11am grilled chicken breast or can of tuna over dark green salad with nuts, seeds, dried fruit

4pm about half to 2/3 a sweet potato, 2 eggs, grilled chicken or turkey, spinach

6-8pm train

8:30 peanut butter toast or some chicken and rice, also some sports drink if I feel the need

• Like 2

8am - muesli/oats with full fat milk, or a milo, sometimes bacon and egg sandwich

9-10am - piece of fruit

10-11am - snack food (nuts, dark chocolate, crackers/oat biscuits)

12pm - leftovers, usually meat/veg casserole with rice, pasta dish, or meat/veg stir fry with rice

1-2pm - another piece of fresh fruit (usually banana, kiwi or orange)

2-3pm - more snacking

6 - 7:30pm - training

On days when I train 7:30-9pm - I'll usually have eaten some dinner before coming to training, then will eat dinner again when I get home

Dinner is usually stir fry, casserole, pasta (mince beef, kale, carrots), pizza or takeaway v. occasionally - nothing I really keep track of, just as long as it has carbs, vegies and protein.

No supplements so far, just take magnesium and fish oil. Am considering increasing protein intake with a shake or something.

I train muay thai 4-5 times a week, boxing 1 night a week, and am starting to incorporate bjj 1-2 times a week

Weight: 47kg/103 lbs

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing! I hope more will chime in. I might also start a thread on recipes (I've got some really easy and healthy rice cooker recipes!), it would be fun to see what kinds of things people are cooking up.

• Like 1

I've actually only been taking them about a week now and I am shocked at the difference. I have tried training fasted in the morning before and was totally drained less than 15 min in. With the BCAAs I can do the whole session, and Wed. I added a short 4k run after as well. Still haven't decided if I am going to continue to fast until noon, or just do the morning session in a fasted state and eat directly after (leaning towards the latter just to space out my meals some). I only started the fasting until noon thing because our regular noodle folks haven't been showing up at 10am like they usually do so I figured I would give it a whirl.

1 - 2 times a week I will switch out my nightly half chicken for a Thai street vendor fish (whole) stuffed with lemongrass. No clue what kind of fish these are, but I would guess its about 8 - 10oz of meat.

Is it white and covered in salt before they grill it? If so, it's a Tub Tim fish, which is Tilapia. Soooooooo good.

Curious if your Kao Man Gai comes from a vendor or if you're doing this yourself. If they make it properly the rice is cooked in the fat of the chicken (that's the "man" part in the name), which is why it's so insanely delicious. Some places cheat and just give you steamed rice and chicken on it, which is far, far less delicious. But the calorie and macro nutrient breakdown would be pretty significant between those two options.

Kevin is right that I have a BCAA powder that's for intra-workout intake, meaning during your workout. The bottle goes on and on about how it's for anarobic exercise, which would be weight-lifting and not so much Muay Thai, but I do find that I get less sore if I remember to drink it during my afternoon sessions. I don't know that it helps at all actually during the workout, if I have more stamina or anything like that.

After my morning session, maybe at 11:30 I eat an oatmeal breakfast made from Oat Bran, Rye Flakes, basil/chia seeds and water - I alternate savory: mixing in butter, salt and black pepper; and sweet: mixing in coconut oil, peanut butter and maybe a fruit. If I'm not eating that I'm eating eggs and vegetables in the laziest excuse for a "fritata" ever. And coffee. Before morning training training sometimes a coffee after my run, but not always.

Dinner is usually a vegetable stir fry and rice that I make at home. Lots of cruciferous vegetables in there. I'll put a fried egg on it, or sometimes get a bit of Laarp, Nam Dtok (both of those are spicy meats), or grilled chicken (I peel the skin off because it feels to "wet" when I eat it, but yes, that is a super delicious part).

I eat too much sugar in snacking form, and go through phases where I cut that completely out.

• Like 2

I think the fish is indeed Tilapia. That's what it looked like to me, but wasn't sure if they had that species here. I will try to remember to ask them for the name in Thai next time I get one. Usually the Kao Man Gai is from a vendor/food court. Definitely cooked in chicken fat lol. I try not to add any extra sauces, but sometimes will put some chicken broth soup over the top of it. MyFitnessPal can be a little bit difficult/inaccurate when trying to add Thai food, but they do have a feature where you can create meals based on ingredients and it will tally everything up for you. Takes some time, but worth it if it is something you eat often and are really trying to keep track.

• Like 1

7am – 500ml warm water with juice of half a lemon

7:30-8am – Coffee, 2 eggs and half an avocado or vegan protein shake with peanut butter and almond milk

11am – Run 45-60min

12pm – Quarter Chicken and half sweet potato or half cup rice and Big salad or steamed veggies, definitely with olive oil dressing or butter on the veg

2:30pm – Tea and Quest bar or almonds or Peanut butter, with kiwi, berries or pineapple

5:00pm – Fish (Meat) and Salad

7-9pm – Train

10pm – spoon of peanut butter (or glass of red wine and few cubes of cheddar, if I’m up for a treat)

I track using MyFitnessPal, usually have to cut my already minimal carbs if I'm trying to make weight... Looking to change my diet soon though because I carry a lot of muscle and I'd like to see if I can drop a weight class.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had previously posted about this topic, which I believe Tyler saw, and I think I mentioned trying to switch my diet to more of a meat and rice thing. I've been doing it now for three weeks, exchanging chicken, salmon, and turkey, eating rice and mixed vegetables with it. It's surprisingly helped a lot with my stomach discomfort. So that I'm not as sick as often and can go to the gym without feeling like death. I can't give a breakdown like Tyler though. I'm unfamiliar with how all of that works. I can tell you that i eat 5 times a day at least. Times vary a bit because of work.

• Like 2