Cynical

Keto basketball athlete OMAD potassium and sodium questions

Hello,

I did muay thai in the past and still train by myself just kicking the bag sometimes. But mainly I'm a basketball athlete, and I started a OMAD keto diet. I'm wondering what type of supplements I should take especially for potassium or should I try to consume potassium through avocados or spinach. And for salt I'm guessing I can just put Himalayan sea salt in a drink with magnesium to maintain my sodium and magnesium levels. I think I'm going to drink a powerade zero and add the salt and magnesium to that so I can enjoy taking my supplements everyday. There are no carbs in the drink but there are sweeteners. The only thing I'm worried about is my potassium source. Any advice in general would be appreciated. Because playing basketball I'm gonna be sweating a lot from training. But I'm not too concerned with the salt/sodium aspect because I know I can supplement that easily. Oh and I just thought of this when it comes to explosiveness, does being on a ketogenic diet lower your explosiveness at all. I know it can be good for endurance, but explosiveness is very important for me when it comes to basketball. And is taking creatine okay when doing the ketogenic diet while training? Sorry for so many questions but I would really appreciate help on any of my concerns.

Thanks a lot!

Ali

Edited by Cynical

Hey, this is our thread on potassium and cream of tartar, which is what Sylvie and I use:

Ideally, it would be best to target your potassium needs through spinach & avocados, etc, but we baseline a potassium minimum with cream of tartar.