Loyal to a gym - Finding the Right Gym in Bangkok

Hello I will have the opportunity to stay in Thailand for training for 5-6months maybe a bit more ,

ive booked one month in Phuket at a gym I liked last year the gym took a huge turn and looks really touristy now that’s bit of a turn of for me .

ive met someone in Bangkok and might look for a gym there any serious gyms recommended ? Reachable by the sky train ?

im looking for a serious gym and to fight in Thailand would it be better to stay at one gym or switch  gym like 1-2months?

bkk fight lab seems to get good reviews although it’s a mma focused gym they also have Muay Thai and boxing  classes.

im looking for the best affordable gym that plans a lot of fights Yokkao is crazy expensive more then double or triple the price monthly (almost €600 Fight lab only 180 a month and many more classes)

15 hours ago, DrunkenMaster said:

would it be better to stay at one gym or switch  gym like 1-2months

I would suggest you move around. Pick out 3 prospective gyms from what you find online. Then go to each gym at least once, so you can feel the vibe, how comfortable you are. Compare them. Then pick the best of those 3, and revise your opinion several weeks in. Because you want the cost to be low, but lots of other bonuses, it's probably going to be hard to find Baby Bear on this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu said:

I would suggest you move around. Pick out 3 prospective gyms from what you find online. Then go to each gym at least once, so you can feel the vibe, how comfortable you are. Compare them. Then pick the best of those 3, and revise your opinion several weeks in. Because you want the cost to be low, but lots of other bonuses, it's probably going to be hard to find Baby Bear on this.

the problem is the gym from phuket helped me out with my visa and send me an invitation letter so i would feel really guilty not to go there full time,i dont know how  they think about that in"thai culture" 

8 minutes ago, DrunkenMaster said:

the problem is the gym from phuket helped me out with my visa and send me an invitation letter so i would feel really guilty not to go there full time,i dont know how  they think about that in"thai culture" 

Sounds like it could screw up your visa. If you are concerned about that you are probably stuck. If you arranged with them to go there long term, they vouched for you, and you have been there before, it would seem like a few extra tourists isn't too much to push through. But...this is why I almost always suggest not making long term arrangements with gyms in Thailand. Gyms always are changing, even good ones.

4 minutes ago, Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu said:

Sounds like it could screw up your visa. If you are concerned about that you are probably stuck. If you arranged with them to go there long term, they vouched for you, and you have been there before, it would seem like a few extra tourists isn't too much to push through. But...this is why I almost always suggest not making long term arrangements with gyms in Thailand. Gyms always are changing, even good ones.

they just send me a an invitational letter so i wont need to book an hotel beforehand  i just have a normal tourist visum so im not really bound by the gym i think,i havent payed anything as well i would pay in person for each month not all upfront.

But for me its because i really respect the people at the gym for putting the effort and time in it for me ,they would also help me extend it at the embassy for 30 days and after that i will be doing visa runs (flly in and out in my case)

so not showing up at the gym in phuket will be disrespectfull i feel

(although in some way i think they wont even care)

10 hours ago, DrunkenMaster said:

so not showing up at the gym in phuket will be disrespectfull i feel

(although in some way i think they wont even care)

Both of these are probably true. If it's a tourist-y gym, probably much more the later. You can write a very respectful email and apologize, thank them very much (if they read English well), and let them know how much you appreciate them. This kind of message can go a long way, though in email, I'm not sure it would matter. In short, the best thing in circumstances is to just communicate your respect.