Thailand training blog: Manop gym

12 minutes ago, RB Coop said:

I know i won't last more than 2rounds. Feels like im breathing thru a straw, that flu or whatever it is triggered my asthma. I feel kinda sad because i want to fight but at the same time i don't want the gym look bad by gassing out so quickly. 

Are you cancelling the fight? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LengLeng said:

Are you cancelling the fight? 

I'll talk with the guy that's fighting today,  i want hi's advice on this because he had similar experience in 1st fight.  i don't want to cancel but at the same time i don't want like the trainers to look bad because if all people see me gass out in 2nd round they might think the trainers shouldn't let you fight in condition like this and so on, might not be good look for the gym name. difficult place to be in. 

Edited by RB Coop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RB Coop said:

I'll talk with the guy that's fighting today,  i want hi's advice on this because he had similar experience in 1st fight.  i don't want to cancel but at the same time i don't want like the trainers to look bad because if all people see me gass out in 2nd round they might think the trainers shouldn't let you fight in condition like this and so on, might not be good look for the gym name. difficult place to be in. 

I understand. Puh. No easy situation. There's a chance adrenaline will take care of things for you though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LengLeng said:

I understand. Puh. No easy situation. There's a chance adrenaline will take care of things for you though. 

Made a short video about thoughts and so on, not my first language so sorry for some wrong spelling. 

Edited by RB Coop
  • Nak Muay 2
  • Respect 1
  • Heart 1

19 hours ago, RB Coop said:

Made a short video about thoughts and so on, not my first language so sorry for some wrong spelling. 

💥💥💥💥

I feel you. 

It took me forever to get to fight in Thailand and it cost me a lot of money. I've also fought sick, had a doc telling me I couldn't possibly fight and yet during fight I felt 0 sickness and had a great experience. Then I got a knee ligament injury, trained around it kept making it worse and realized I had to rest to avoid permanent damage to the knee joint. And declined wonderful exciting fight offers which was so hard to do as I'm leaving Thailand soon for Myanmar. 

This stuff is hard! There is really no easy way of doing this. 

Whatever your decision I want to say I'm really impressed by your training and attitude with all those curve balls coming your way. 

Curious to hear how it panned out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LengLeng said:

💥💥💥💥

I feel you. 

It took me forever to get to fight in Thailand and it cost me a lot of money. I've also fought sick, had a doc telling me I couldn't possibly fight and yet during fight I felt 0 sickness and had a great experience. Then I got a knee ligament injury, trained around it kept making it worse and realized I had to rest to avoid permanent damage to the knee joint. And declined wonderful exciting fight offers which was so hard to do as I'm leaving Thailand soon for Myanmar. 

This stuff is hard! There is really no easy way of doing this. 

Whatever your decision I want to say I'm really impressed by your training and attitude with all those curve balls coming your way. 

Curious to hear how it panned out.

I went to fight, 1st round TKO. I'll upload video when they will send me. 

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 2
  • Respect 1

22 hours ago, RB Coop said:

Anyone know how can i stop this before fight? Im running to toilet like 30mins to 1hour,  can't imagine holding in diarrhea in the fight, i'll be looking for some meds

This could be nerves... I remember one time, the evening before a fight, a really severe soreness on my shoulder returned from previous injuries. I asked my coach about ice bath and meds, but he said we'll go get dinner. And lo and behold, the soreness was gone during and after dinner. 

2 hours ago, Matty said:

This could be nerves... I remember one time, the evening before a fight, a really severe soreness on my shoulder returned from previous injuries. I asked my coach about ice bath and meds, but he said we'll go get dinner. And lo and behold, the soreness was gone during and after dinner. 

Rotavirus was the case for me. Also flu triggered asthma that's why i thought i wouldn't last for more than 2, was hard 2breathe. 

2 hours ago, Matty said:

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to the video! 

How do you feel? Any bruises/injuries?

I feel good, just have pain on my right leg near the foot and achilles, prob because i hit knee couple of times, other than that i'm good. Here is the pic of me and other guy from the Manop's gym, he won 2round TKO. I'll upload vid when i get it. 

20191224_214414.jpg

• Like 2
  • Nak Muay 2

On 12/25/2019 at 1:19 PM, LengLeng said:

Yeah!!! Awesome.

Will prob upload video once im back to my country. So after new year. I got 2videos so i want to join them together,  to see all the best angles in the fight for hi's and my attacks. One vid from the oficial Chiang Mai stadium and other from the spectator seat. There are some blind spots as always, but 2angles are better than one, sorry for the wait . 🙂

• Like 2
  • Nak Muay 1

2 hours ago, Matty said:

@RB Coop will you be blogging about your time in ubon? I would love to know how the 2 locations compare 🙂

I have only 2days there so i won't really have enough time to compare both. Ubon mostly for temples, food, sculptures. So far i could say food is similar, but i've heard it's more similar to Vietnam food. I could post some pics if you would like. 

• Like 2

Today had 1st training sesion , kinda sad that 1'3h workout lasted like 40minutes instead of hour and 30mins, i pay 3000 for 1hour and 30min and instead i get 40mins , but that was just covering  the basics.  I hope tomorrows workout lasts 1hour 30mins so i could learn more .  The techniques he's using is simply amazing and really good, but what i love more than that is just hi's energy,  he's so alive and happy and in such age ! Trully a legend. 

20191230_211523.jpg

• Nak Muay 1

Ok so we did 2nd training today and again it was approx 40min. So even if i would join both sessions together it still would be 10mins short of 1 full session. In these 2days I learned loads of good things, but at the same time it makes me kinda sad because if you think about it you would get 2x the training and I might have learned 2x more things. He said it's shorter because he's liking the technique i have and he doesn't want me to forget but at the same time im like recording everything, so 180 mins instead of 80mins would have been much more experience to learn from as much in person and as much as you look back on the video. If i wouldn't have expected 1.3h in each session i might feel a little different, but now i just feel like he didn't give me the time that i paid for. Now as for training, the charisma he has is amazing. Always so energetic, feels like he loves to teach you, also he's really friendly, it's a second day we are having food together after training. I'd say as for training you can really feel how he's teaching you, but don't expect him to spend 90mins each session because you might feel a little robbed just because you expected him to give you 90mins of work and training and you got only half of it. Either way the things he taught me will be really useful for learning I just wish i got more, because now i kinda feel like i paid for 2days and simply got 1day split into 2. I know it's not his intent probably and these are just feelings and it's OK to feel like this. 😉

Edited by RB Coop
  • Nak Muay 2

Video of my first fight.Kinda sad that i couldn't do Wai Kru...I took one part to show clinch from a different angle, but quality is shit, but atleast it's not a blind spot as in the original video . Hope you guys like it. I know i made mistakes, but considering i trained only 3weeks muay thai for the first time, i'd say it wasn't reaal reaal bad. I'm with blue/red shorts btw.

Edited by RB Coop
  • Like 2
  • Nak Muay 3
  • Respect 1

3 hours ago, RB Coop said:

Video of my first fight.Kinda sad that i couldn't do Wai Kru...I took one part to show clinch from a different angle, but quality is shit, but atleast it's not a blind spot as in the original video . Hope you guys like it. I know i made mistakes, but considering i trained only 3weeks muay thai for the first time, i'd say it wasn't reaal reaal bad. I'm with blue/red shorts btw.

With my amateur eye you look so great! Composure, nice kicks and everything. You must be so happy with this achievement ! Dude I'm so impressed. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LengLeng said:

With my amateur eye you look so great! Composure, nice kicks and everything. You must be so happy with this achievement ! Dude I'm so impressed. 

I can't say im fully happy, i might be happy because i won, but looking on video i see so many mistakes,  things i need to work on, but it was nice experience to feel . I just hoped fight would last a little longer, didn't expect to end so quickly, didn't even expect to win when entering the fight to be honest. 

• Like 2
  • Nak Muay 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:07 AM, RB Coop said:

Congratulations!

• Like 1