Thailand training blog: Manop gym

Training day 11:  morning run was from 03:00 to 04:00 because i couldn't sleep, also i knew when i was up at like 2:30 that 7am running and training would really suck with lack of sleep so for 1training i did only a 1hour run, didn't train in the morning , woke up before 11 and went to have some food. 2nd training was normal as usual, got more rounds on padwork tho, so that was nice. Finally found a place to buy ankle support because twisted both ankles a little so support when training feels really nice. Tomorrow guy from this gym is fighting Pakorn,  Pakorn has over 230 fights while he only has 26 or something. He knows he can't outpoint him so he will try to go for k.o 3rounds 3mins. 

Yesterday was a day off, so went to town, bought some shirts, pants and bugs.. never tried to eat them so was fun to try . As of today monday morning training was good, kinda the same . Good news came after training, im fighting, Dec 24th. Guy is 88kg so i won't have to lose weight! Last workout will be on Sunday, but a light one , hard one on Saturday, fight on Tuesday. Here are some pics from yest.

20191215_222501.jpg

20191215_190144.jpg

20191215_185724.jpg

20191215_224513.jpg

20191215_222459.jpg

20191215_222457.jpg

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 2

2nd training today was really hard. Did 3rounds on the bag and 6rounds on the pads, the pads killed me, especially the last round because we were suppose to get in only 5, either way from 3rounds to 5or 6 is a huge jump. Felt really tired and on the last round i even thought im not going to make it because i was really geting out of breath and felt asthma triggering a little, but somehow managed to push thru, was so happy and tired after pads, everything else seemed easy. I still have kinda hard time on the knee bag because lack of technique  my hips are kinda tight and right hip even has impingement, so most of the time i don't use the right leg, even for teeps just because of so much pain, but on the knee bag i kinda have to use that side, but doesn't seem to be taking so much damage, so it's ok. Also noticed my low back pain increased really strongly, before it was like meh, but now it like goes all the way from hip to low back and even the toes, can't even really sit decently without having sharp pain.  I think i might have had damage in my low back region, will have to check once im back in my country, as for now i'll do my best to keep up with training. This was training day 12 I think. 

• Nak Muay 1

2nd training today was really hard. Did 3rounds on the bag and 6rounds on the pads, the pads killed me, especially the last round because we were suppose to get in only 5, either way from 3rounds to 5or 6 is a huge jump. Felt really tired and on the last round i even thought im not going to make it because i was really geting out of breath and felt asthma triggering a little, but somehow managed to push thru, was so happy and tired after pads, everything else seemed easy. I still have kinda hard time on the knee bag because lack of technique  my hips are kinda tight and right hip even has impingement, so most of the time i don't use the right leg, even for teeps just because of so much pain, but on the knee bag i kinda have to use that side, but doesn't seem to be taking so much damage, so it's ok. Also noticed my low back pain increased really strongly, before it was like meh, but now it like goes all the way from hip to low back and even the toes, can't even really sit decently without having sharp pain.  I think i might have had damage in my low back region, will have to check once im back in my country, as for now i'll do my best to keep up with training. This was training day 12 I think. 

• Nak Muay 1

Day 13. Everything in morning  training same, just way more work on the pads using only legs. 

On 16:00 you either skip 30min or run, i was running and once i comeback they also tell me to go skip rope for 30mins while others who were running went to shadow box and do bag work. I said i did 30min run thinking maybe he didn't know and he started scouting not same , you can cancel fight if you don't want to skip rope, so i also skipped rope for 30mins and was pissed inside because like they are treating me differently and also causing a scene and screaming about canceling the fight. After that i calmed down. 6rounds on bag. 5rounds pads, knee bag, push ups, abs and stretching . After training i thought maybe he's forcing me to do this because of asthma? But like you could explain or do masters always act so supperior and make a scene? Also my ACL injury came into play , it hasn't fully healed from the tear and today after knees to the bag i noticed ganglion cyst got bigger, there is like fluid in my knee and it hurts when i walk, can't even think about what if i'd do knees to bag again, will prob have to ask manop to do something else to train around this and i hope he doesn't cancel the fight. Hope i can push thru a morning run tomorrow, won't be easy tho. 

20191217_230954.jpg

Edited by RB Coop
  • Nak Muay 1
  • Heart 1

Day 14 of training  : Morning run with a knee like this was nightmare, but somehow managed to do it, didn't do the sprints tho. In afternoon training decided to try and use kynesio tape on the knee for support, it helped loads when running , but once i started kicking, clinching it didn't last, also because you're sweating so much it doesn't really hold well , today's training was real hard , and after morning training they do like thai massage where they try to separate the muscles...that was intense, don't remember last time i had a massage when i was in such agony and he kept going and didn't stop lol, after it tho felt kinda nice, only place left with pain was like quad where it inserts into the knee. Feel really tired and exhausted, but i have to push 3more days hard and on sunday it's just a light training. I hope i can find knee support sleeve somewhere, couldn't find it in 7'11. 

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 1

Great reads, thank you.

For the knee support try a pharmacy (Boots or Watson should have it, a normal pharmacy maybe also can help you).
Probably no Decathlon in your area? They also have really good ones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 515 said:

Great reads, thank you.

For the knee support try a pharmacy (Boots or Watson should have it, a normal pharmacy maybe also can help you).
Probably no Decathlon in your area? They also have really good ones.

I'll check , thanks. 

• Like 1

Day 15: morning workout same as most mornings, just added some more sparring. 

Afternoon workout this week gets harder and harder. 30min run 30min skip rope, so you do like 1h 30min run and 30min skip each day now. After that 15min shadow, 6rounds on bag, then 3rounds of knees, 5rounds of pads( pads legit killed me) finish up with 30min clinch. In end physical work like push up, sit up and stretching. 2more days like this and on sunday it's easy workout, i hope i can last..waking up in the morning each passing day becomes more difficult , have to keep day by day mentality. More than half way done thru the week tho, somehow i'll push thru it.  Everything hurts, but mainly knee and feet, as for fatigue, it's in all of your body. Great place to experience how hard people train for the fight. 

Edited by RB Coop
  • Like 2
  • Nak Muay 1

Day 16 of training.  Morning was really hard, slept like 1hour and got a flu in the evening before, couldn't run for 1hour, did like only 45mins, didn't do sprints because thought doing them each day is hard enough on your cns, but to do it each day and the day you almost didn't sleep didn't sound like a good choise, so did rope skipping even tho i don't like it. Other than that in morning was the same.  

16:00 workout was harder, that's when i started to notice my flu in throat kicking in hard, did like 25min run and had to stop because i was gassing out, got kinda afraid that if trainer sees this so close before the fight he might cancel, so i didn't say anything. He only knows about knee injury and that's enough already. Managed to push thru the 2nd workout of the day and got some meds, vitamin c and sleeping herb pils to help me with my problems . Didn't think i'll be able to push thru today, but i did it ! And tomorrow is the last hard training day so i'll def push thru.  As you can see from the start the way i write about it changed, didn't put so much detail in each training because it mainly remains the same or similar, you just get to do more cardio, spar, bag work and mits. Near the end of this i was focusing more on my emotional and mental state to see how it feels for a beginner with asthma enter such intense training. But if i can do it, everyone can, just have to want it enough to go thru with it. Also today received compliment from Manop, he didn't say it directly, but when we were talking with people while eating he said he can see me crippling around with my leg and i want to fight while also having asthma, he said he have big heart, felt kinda nice.  This is as far as day 16goes maybe even 17, didn't really keep full track, hope that someone can take something away from this. Goodnight for now. 

• Nak Muay 1
  • Heart 1

Day 17 training morning: couldn't sleep decently, was hard 2breathe, in morning run gassed hard in like 10mins had to stop a little to keep going. Had so much hard time breathing that i fainted at 1moment, good thing it wasn't on a concrete floor but a road with grass and easier terain, so ended up just with a few  scratches..Shadowboxing .Didn't do sprints, got a massage, 3rounds on pads 3rounds on bag and shadow kicks 5circles, shadow teeps, and shadow knees. After that push ups, 3min plank, sit ups and stretching. Seems easy, but considering my state it was haard.  

20191221_112751.jpg

Edited by RB Coop
  • Like 1
  • Nak Muay 1
  • Heart 1

Day 17 or 18finished. Hardest work has been done ,tomorrow morning i have 5km run that i hope i can manage and that's about it, fighting on Tuesday 24th. My opponent is 88kg and i trained so hard i lost weight. Im just about 80kg right now.. he has more weight and more experience, but i feel good because i did all i could for the fight. Now what matters the most is that i get rid of cold flu before the fight, wouldn't want to gass out in 2nd round because right now running even for 10mins makes me breathe hard.

• Nak Muay 1
  • Heart 1

21 hours ago, Matty said:

Fainting on the run sounds super scary. Are you feeling any better since? Sounds like you're training really hard. Hope you can get some rest and recovery and feel fresh for the fight!

Maybe a little, but im gassing out really easy these days. I fight tomorrow night so i hope i get better. Drinking loads of warm tea with honey and lemon , also maybe i'll be able to visit sauna today, that would be awesome, would def help get that shit out of my throat quicker. 

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 1

Been resting whole day, drinking water and tea, seems like i also got some headache going, diarrhea and bloating, and all of this before a fight, just a challenge to overcome i guess. Today my breathing is hard, if it will be like this tomorrow i'll gass out in 1-2 rounds. What my main goals for the fight are just try out the things i learned in these training days. I'd love to land 1 sweep 1elbow and 1good body kick, we'll see how many of these i can tick after the fight is over. Bought loads of things to help me with recovery and digestive problems, i hope they help even a little. Tomorrow is the big day. 

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 1

3 hours ago, RB Coop said:

Anyone know how can i stop this before fight? Im running to toilet like 30mins to 1hour,  can't imagine holding in diarrhea in the fight, i'll be looking for some meds. 

Oh man that's rough! Go to pharmacy and ask what they recommend. To stop it you can try charcoal tablets, I've forgot the thai name but just ask. Also of course electrolytes (in every 7/11). 

Btw for sleep there's a very strong antihistamine available OTC in most pharmacies called Codiphen (diphenhydramine also sold under name Benadryl). 2 of those pills knock me out completely and I've tried most stuff. But if you try them do your own research and take on own risk.

Best of luck man!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LengLeng said:

Oh man that's rough! Go to pharmacy and ask what they recommend. To stop it you can try charcoal tablets, I've forgot the thai name but just ask. Also of course electrolytes (in every 7/11). 

Btw for sleep there's a very strong antihistamine available OTC in most pharmacies called Codiphen (diphenhydramine also sold under name Benadryl). 2 of those pills knock me out completely and I've tried most stuff. But if you try them do your own research and take on own risk.

Best of luck man!

I know i won't last more than 2rounds. Feels like im breathing thru a straw, that flu or whatever it is triggered my asthma. I feel kinda sad because i want to fight but at the same time i don't want the gym look bad by gassing out so quickly. 

• Like 1