Mind you I went for five years in a pair of shitty mma guards that came with a package deal at an old gym of mine, but these feel like a #^*#}} CADILLAC when compared.  Comfortable, thick, color makes me happy.  What are your favorites, Coach James?

0434728C-0D77-4274-88F3-DA53A595D16F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

On 6/14/2019 at 5:56 PM, threeoaks said:

Mind you I went for five years in a pair of shitty mma guards that came with a package deal at an old gym of mine, but these feel like a #^*#}} CADILLAC when compared.  Comfortable, thick, color makes me happy.  What are your favorites, Coach James?

0434728C-0D77-4274-88F3-DA53A595D16F.jpeg

This is the gear I use most at the moment. Didnt think Id like this style of glove but I really do. For shins I just love Top King. Havent found much else as good to me. 

20190615_175914.jpg

20190615_175935.jpg

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 1

6 minutes ago, Coach James Poidog said:

This is the gear I use most at the moment. Didnt think Id like this style of glove but I really do. For shins I just love Top King. Havent found much else as good to me. 

20190615_175914.jpg

20190615_175935.jpg

Top King are super nice.  Closer to the shin than my poofy ones.  I’d love to try them but I wonder about my leg length; they look short & I’m long (plus I just dropped $ on the Yokkao’s so obviously cannot).   Can’t see the gloves too well.  “Danger”?  Gloves nice & banged up.  The best.  Shin guards are, sorry to be an artist about it, but they’re kind of beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Nak Muay 1

On 6/15/2019 at 6:06 PM, threeoaks said:

Top King are super nice.  Closer to the shin than my poofy ones.  I’d love to try them but I wonder about my leg length; they look short & I’m long (plus I just dropped $ on the Yokkao’s so obviously cannot).   Can’t see the gloves too well.  “Danger”?  Gloves nice & banged up.  The best.  Shin guards are, sorry to be an artist about it, but they’re kind of beautiful.

Yeah Danger is an off brand made in Thailand (Id never heard of em either). The top king are actually made more for foreigners now (as opposed to Thais) so the sizes fit well. Those are mediums and they cover perfectly. Lol when I was a skater I used to put stickers on everything. Hard to steal something that personalised. 

• Heart 1

• 2 months later...

My favourite piece of gear are my Thaismai Cobra shorts 🙂 As soon as I saw them in an online shop I knew I wanted them! They feel great and additionally they are this kind of motivational piece of equipment if you know what I mean 🙂

Other than that I have a pair of neon colored Venum shinguards that I got because they were on sale at 50% price. I don't have experience with very many different pairs but they feel nice and lightweight and seem to protect well so that's great.

Gloves are a pair of white leather Fightlab gloves I bought from my gym. They seem fine from my limited experience.

Thaismai Cobra.png

Edited by Xestaro

Hey Guys!! 

I have some Yokkao 12oz, Fairtex Shorts and Fairtex Wraps. All awesome, loving my gear. However now that I passed to the Advanced course, I need some 16oz gloves and some shine guards. 

Any recommandations? Budget for gloves can be $120, Shin Guard no idea. I just need something durable, great quality. I dont really care about the look. 

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gloves: Yokkao "Sick" 10oz, Fairtex 12oz; both feel very good of good quality, as I use them a lot and they're still in very good shape.

Shinpads: I have Twins but the laces are quite short, except of that they're fine

Shorts and shirts I love Boon's stuff and style!

• Like 1
  • Nak Muay 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gloves: 12oz Society Nine Bia Boxing gloves. Because of my smaller hands, I like that these are made specifically for women.

Shinguards: Low-Profile Hayabusas. Again, because of my smaller size I like the sleeved fit and smaller build. I also like that they aren't super padded as I'm hoping they'll help condition my shins a little while still offering some protection.

Shorts: Still trying to find the right pair for me... I have some Raja's that are nice, but a little too small for mediums. I recently bought a pair of InfightStyle EZ fight line in medium, and they fit better.

1 hour ago, QueenOfHell said:

Shorts: Still trying to find the right pair for me... I have some Raja's that are nice, but a little too small for mediums. I recently bought a pair of InfightStyle EZ fight line in medium, and they fit better.

Did you try the Boon retro shorts already? I love them!

spacer.png

On 3/6/2020 at 12:06 PM, 515 said:

Did you try the Boon retro shorts already? I love them!

spacer.png

I haven't! Although a couple of the guys at my gym have boon gloves & pads, and they look kush AF, and I do like the retro style...so these could definitely be in my future.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Love retro Boon shorts! The best! 

I have twin gloves, bought some Fairtex to try something different but I keep returning to the twins. 
I have twins for shinnies too. 
Fairtex for wraps.