Is There A Way to View All Videos By A Trainer? - All Of Karuhat's Sessions

Hey Sylvie + Kevine,

Is there a way to view all the videos by trainer?

Specifically, I've seen a few of your Karuhat videos (awesome BTW) and was watching the "Karuhat - Serpentine Knees and Flow" video most recently and saw you remarked that there's over 30 hours from the 1 month intensive you did. Was wondering if there's anyway to easily view all videos by Karuhat from the intensive.

Thanks!

Eric

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 4:15 AM, Eric M said:

Was wondering if there's anyway to easily view all videos by Karuhat from the intensive.

There is! The Karuhat Intensive was it's own project. It was made possible by Patreon support, but it is not part of the Muay Thai Library. Instead, because we wanted to find a way to raise money in direct support of legends themselves we created the Sylvie Study On Demand Page on Vimeo. 100% of the net profits flow to the legends in the project. The 30+ hours of commentary work with Karuhat is all there. You can purchase or rent access to individual videos, or you can subscribe to the entire series by the month, and have access to all of them. It's kind of incredible.

Karuhat had one of the most subtle and almost undefineable styles as a fighter, and the entire style philosophy and its techniques are laid out in these videos. No fighter's style has ever been so well documented, ever. Not only that, there are 6 hours of Yodkhunpon The Elbow Hunter also included in the same series. As a patron you get a discount on these series videos (see at bottom here). We also put up an entire website as home to more intensive projects and Muay Thai study, you can see that here: Sylvie Study.

I'm not sure if you've already watched all the Karuhat videos in the Patreon Muay Thai Library itself, which you can see as a patron. Karuhat is the most archived legend in the Library. You can find all of the archive videos here in the Table of Contents. A control F page search can help you find content on that page. But for convenience here are the Karuhat Library entries:

Bonus Session 1:  Karuhat Sor. Supawan | Advanced Switching Footwork | 60 min  - watch it here  

This is a beautiful session in which Karuhat expands on his switching style, having moved me from standard to southpaw in a previous session. 

#7 Karuhat Sor. Supawan - Be Like Sand (62 min) watch it here 

2x Golden Age Lumpinee Champion (112 lb and 122 lbs), Karuhat is considered elite among the elites. Mixing an explosive style with constant off-balances, angling, and melting aways, he was nicknamed the Ultimate Wizard. I can only describe the things he's teaching here as: Be like sand. This is very subtle, advanced stuff, far above combo techniques or specific defenses. It may take a few viewings to absorb what he is teaching. Everytime I watch this I learn something new.

#11 Karuhat Sor. Supawan Session 2 - Float and Shock (82 min) watch it here 

In this session one of the greatest fighters who ever lived really digs into what must lie beneath techniques, a general state of relaxation and rhythm, the thing that made him one of the most dynamic fighters Lumpinee has ever seen.

#20 Karuhat Sor Supawan - Switching To Southpaw (144 min) watch it here 

2x Lumpinee Champion Karuhat Sor. Supawan in this epic video posts installs a limited Southpaw core which leads to developing high level ideas found in his switching style: tracking and attacking the open side, watching for and dictating weight transfer. This is the blueprint of a legend's acclaimed fighting style. 

#27 Karuhat Sor. Supawan - Tension & Kicking Dynamics (104 min) watch it here 

Karuhat, a fighter with perhaps the slickest style of any Golden Age great, shows the importance of tension, and patiently goes through correcting the kick, making it quicker and much harder to read.

#50 Karuhat Sor. Supawan - Serpentine Knees & Flow  (62 min) watch it here 

The legendary Karuhat teaches his winding, advancing style, a culmination of many, many hours of our training together. You get a glimpse into his advanced movements, and his philosophy on reading opponents.

#109 The Karuhat Rosetta Stone - The Secrets of the Matador (83 min)

This session is somethign of a rosetta stone for all the other sessions. A few years past since we filmed with him, Sylvie still training with him periodically, so we took this session as an opportunity to cover the past techniques, using Sylvie's years long study of them as a way to open them up, and make them more undestandable.

Bonus Session 7: Karuhat Sor. Supawan - Forward Check | 39 min - watch it here  

In this session Karuhat teaches his beautiful and unique Forward Check, and the system of attacks that flow out of it in his fighting style.  You can read my detailed post in the Forward Check here. This check, aggressively from Southpaw, versus Orthodox fighters eats up space closes distance, effectively deal with one of the primary weaknesses of Southpaw attack.

That makes 40 hours of Karuhat instruction available between both the Muay Thai Library and the Sylvie Study project. Insane. You can find the promocodes for the Karuhat Intensive down below:

Patreon Promocodes:

As a patron, depending on your tier you can be eligible for discounts on these purchases. $5 patrons get 15% (link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/17837199 ) of these purchases, and $15 patrons get 50% (link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/17837342 ) of of these purchases. The intensive series is supported by patrons.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Kevin, thanks!

I think this is a good place to ask the following practical questions without the need of creating a new post (I hope I am not mistaken). I am new here so those are big picture questions:

- What are briefly the differences in terms of content between:

+ 8limbsus.com and sylviestudy.com?

+ the muay thai library on patreon and vimeo?

- Also, patrons get discount on single videos on vimeo, but how about a patron that subscribes monthly? I'm sorry I'm no sure how all that works.

Thanks again.

Edited by Malik
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 5:04 AM, Malik said:

- What are briefly the differences in terms of content between:

+ 8limbsus.com and sylviestudy.com?

8limbsus.com is Sylvie's blog which she has been blogging on for maybe 10 years? It has over 1,000 articles and it's kind of a general archive of her thoughts and experiences. Sylviestudy.com is a website that was put up specifically to focus on the Sylvie Intensive videos on vimeo, and additional indepth material we might create outside of the Muay Thai Library.

the muay thai library on patreon and vimeo?

The Muay Thai Library is an archive of sessions Sylvie films all over Thailand. We add two sessions a month to the archive and it's available by tiers to patrons. The $10 pledge gives access to the full archive. The Intensive Series on Vimeo is PPV and is focused on videos made in a series. For instance an entire month of training with Karuhat is up there, and a week with Yodkhunpon. The vimeo series allows us to present really indepth documentation, sessions covering multiple days, but because it is focused it also allows us to divert sales directly to the legends, 55% percent going to them.

patrons get discount on single videos on vimeo, but how about a patron that subscribes monthly?

The discount code that can be used by patrons on the Vimeo material for individual purchase I believe can be also used for the subscription, but only for the first month purchase (I believe).

I'm happy to answer any questions. There is just a ton of material that we put out and document, and it's on different platforms so It can be confusing.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Sylvie and Kevin, 

Thank you for your continued work on the Library, your Vlog and your story as a fighter. As a shorter, lighter human (68-72 kg) I was drawn to your style, fortitude as a journalist and trainer. I am looking into joining the Muay Thai Library to supplement my study outside of the gym and learn new skills/techniques for growth as a martial artist. At the moment, my gym is more focused on Krav Maga self defense and kickboxing, with a little of BJJ/ground work. There is another Muay Thai-focused gym I will eventually join, however, they are focused on competition training.

My question is: Can someone utilize the Muay Thai Library as training tool? Are the videos on sylviestudy.com more geared towards that focus? 

Edited by 4eyedfighter
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 4eyedfighter said:

My question is: Can someone utilize the Muay Thai Library as training tool? Are the videos on sylviestudy.com more geared towards that focus? 

Of course these can be used as a training tool, perhaps an ideal training tool. One of the problems of training in a single gym is that you can be exposed to a pretty narrow set of techniques (whatever a coach knows). What the Library does is show how much high level technical variety there is, and many of the reasons why. These are real sessions of instruction, many by legends. But...how you use that tool is really what matters. Do you seek out styles and techniques that appeal to you? How do you bring them into your own training. That's a question of your own creativity. But this is really going to the source.

The Sylvie Intensive videos are more indepth, and probably something to explore after you are acquainted with the Library, I would say.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4eyedfighter said:

Kevin, can you access the Intensive videos through the Library or are they are separate platform all together?

The Intensive videos are here:

Patrons get a discount, though 100% of the net profit during the covid crisis goes to the legends in the series, Karuhat and Yodkhunpon:

As a patron, depending on your tier you can be eligible for discounts on these purchases. $5 patrons get 15% (link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/17837199 ) of these purchases, and $15 patrons get 50% (link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/17837342 ) of of these purchases. The intensive series is supported by patrons.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 2:11 AM, 4eyedfighter said:

Sylvie and Kevin, 

Thank you for your continued work on the Library, your Vlog and your story as a fighter. As a shorter, lighter human (68-72 kg) I was drawn to your style, fortitude as a journalist and trainer. I am looking into joining the Muay Thai Library to supplement my study outside of the gym and learn new skills/techniques for growth as a martial artist. At the moment, my gym is more focused on Krav Maga self defense and kickboxing, with a little of BJJ/ground work. There is another Muay Thai-focused gym I will eventually join, however, they are focused on competition training.

I absolutely use it to train. My technique (with kicks and knees especially) is so much better after being able to see how Thai legends do it. My favourite are the clinch videos because I really want to get good at it. I just try to learn one or two things each time and practice them with my training partner.

• Like 1
  • Gamma 1